Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faverite cymbal

User Info Menu

Default Faverite cymbal

what cymbals does eveyone like the most

User Info Menu

I like most of the major brands but am partial to Sabian. Recently I bought a Bosphorus. It's nice too.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

I'm a Paiste fan, but my favorite on my kit are my hi-hats; Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats. They came with 8 rivets in the bottom hat!! UNBELIEVABLE SOUND!!!
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

I am all over the place when it comes to cymbals...Sabian, Z's, but I am still on the hunt for "my" setup. I want to try Istanbul and Paiste. So, I will keep yall posted on what I get with my new kit.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Right now I have all zildjian, but I am open to always trying new stuff.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I'm a big Sabian fan. I have mostly Sabians.

User Info Menu

i like some lines of every brand...but mostly i like sabian

User Info Menu

anything cheap that sounds good, i have a B8 pro but the Zildjen sounds better.
    max

User Info Menu

i'm a fan of sabian too... i like my high hats the most... just cause i use them the most
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

i like zildjian.. thats my brand for drumset, stix, and cymbals
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

zildjian makes an entire set!? I didn't know that i only knew that they made sticks and cymbals

User Info Menu

I didn't know that either

User Info Menu

my favorite cymbal is the 21" a sweet ride it is a great ride and a decent crash...for overall brand id say zildjian
    MAPEX - ZILDJIAN - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

I have been leaning towards Paiste lately for some odd reason.....oh boy.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

that's cool man paiste is actually quite good...the cheeper stuff sounds good but doesn't last long...but the mid-high range sounds good and lasts long...which is alot better than alot of brands where the cheep stuff not only breaks fast but sounds like crap too

User Info Menu

I've got all Paiste cymbals except my hats...they're Zildjians. The Paiste Alpha series sounds great and won't kill your wallet! Well worth the money!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I'm a huge Paiste fan!! Like 1DrumBum, my hats are not Paiste, but mine are Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats. They have 8 rivets and 2 air holes in the bottom hat. The sound is UNBELEAVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by METAL DRUMMER
    I'm a huge Paiste fan!! Like 1DrumBum, my hats are not Paiste, but mine are Sabian 14" AA Sizzle Hats. They have 8 rivets and 2 air holes in the bottom hat. The sound is UNBELEAVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very Cool!!! I put a Metal Wurks quad jingle on my hats with a drop clutch. I bet they sound pretty close.
    How big are the airholes on those? I've been wanting to try them out, but none of the shops around here carry 'em. Bummer
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Zildjian all the way.
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

I bought mine in '86 or '87. The air holes are in the bell and each is 1/2" in diameter. They don't have a jingle sound or a tambourine-like sound... It's that typical rivet-sizzle-hint-of-washy-hint-of-trashy kind of sound. Yet the air holes keep the hats crisp... It's hard to put in words...
    Here's a link that has sound bits of them. They sound better in person... Pick hi-hats as a category.
    http://www.sabian.com/english/cymbal...al_Catalog.cfm

On a side note, I couldn't fit hi-hat jingles on/above my top hat, so to get a little different sound then most people, I wrapped several small (1/4-1/2") sleigh bells tightly around the clutch. The sound from them is subtle (I don't even know if people can even hear them), but for me it helps add a little something extra to the sound.
    Last edited by METAL DRUMMER; 07-13-2006 at 10:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. The link did'nt work, but I checked out Sabian's website. They do sound a little trashy. I LIKE IT!!!! I bet they only have gotten better with age as the rivets have probably loosened up a little.

Also, the jingles on the Metal Wurks products are adjustable, so I have mine tightened up a little so it does'nt sound like a jingle. It makes my hi-hat "chick" a little more pronounced without having to hit them hard. When I really lay into it, it gets pretty washy.

Everyone has their own sound, it's just a lifetime of experimentation to try and figure out what it is and once you find it, you'll probably keep trying to change it anyways.
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

What's the web site for those Metal Wurks? I'd like to check them out.

User Info Menu

It's www.factorymetalpercussion.com. They have a lot of weird stuff on there. I use the small jingle that's on the top of the stack on the opening page. It sounds quite a bit different than the sample when you tighten up the jingles. The sound does'nt carry very much ( I'm not sure anybody else can actually hear it when my band plays, but I can and I like it!)
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Yea!! I have them listed in my favorites. I thought that's what you were talking about, but wasn't sure. Boy I would go BROKE there!!! That place is all me! It all looks TOO COOL!! I like that they say, you can change the sound by bending the ends. It varies by; 1. if you bend them 2. how many you bend 3. where you bend them. That's a lot of ways to fine tune it to your personal taste/sound.
    I would like to try the one you have on my kit, but I don't have the room for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    The sound does'nt carry very much ( I'm not sure anybody else can actually hear it when my band plays, but I can and I like it!)
    That's how I am with the sleigh bells on my hats. Actually half of the time, I can't even hear them.

User Info Menu

I drilled out the center of mine and replaced the rubber grommett on it so I could attach it directly to my drop clutch. Works pretty well!

I played with a couple of those huge china discs a couple of days ago and the sound bites on the website do'nt do them justice. These guys about freaked out when I said they could bend them and they took the sticks away from me!?!? However, they put little clamps on the edges of them in various spots to change the tone and the wash, which I thought was a pretty good idea. I just wish I had room for one of them....
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads