Thread: emperors new groove

User Info Menu

Default emperors new groove

does anybody use emperor or ambassador bass heads anymore? or am i the only one?
    MAPEX MAFIA

User Info Menu

Default Re: emperors new groove

I got remo weather kings for my toms and kick and an evans genera dry for my snare. Idk just personal preference i guess
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chafey View Post
    does anybody use emperor or ambassador bass heads anymore? or am i the only one?
    Maybe if I was jazzing or some real soft rock. something heal down. I did at one time but moved to Aquarian. BTW, Love to listen to jazz not a very good player, lots of respect for them.......
    Premier "XPK" 10" 12" 13" 14" 16" 22" Premier 2000 snare
    Aquarian Heads, Responce 2, Impact 2 Bass, w/ reso.
    Paiste PST-5, 14" HH,16", 18" Crash, 20" Ride, 10" splash
    Tama Iron Cobra Double Pedal
    Tama RoadPro HH Stand
    Tama Double Tom Stand
    PDP Stands
    Isn't wonderful to be one of God's Children

"PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"
    "PAISTE POSSE"

User Info Menu

i use a coated ambassador as a reso head on my bass . and also use one for the batter on my snare.
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xpkpremier View Post
    Maybe if I was jazzing or some real soft rock. something heal down. I did at one time but moved to Aquarian. BTW, Love to listen to jazz not a very good player, lots of respect for them.......
    Since when is a 2 ply head for jazz or soft rock?

I believe Northern Redneck has E's over A's on his Superstars. I have Vintage A's on my Renowns.

I would venture to guess that TONS of people are still using E's and A's. Many obviously use G2/G1, which is Evans version of the same thing. I wouldn't be shocked if those lines by each brand make up the bulk of the heads purchased.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

I use coated Emperors over clear Ambassadors on my toms, but a coated Powerstroke over the stock Pearl on my bass. Emperor X over hazy Ambassador on snare.
    Kaostosis-
    how do you like the vintage A's? I've been looking to experiment with my heads, and am either gonna try those or the Ambassador X's on my toms.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

I was recently (re-) introduced to the E over A combination after using Evans and Aquarians on my toms for over 10 years.

The Brady kit that I bought last month has clear Emps over clear Ambs and it sounds fantastic. It was definitely a revelation to me since I haven't used them in so long.

Their status as a great combination is well deserved.

It also opened my ears to clear heads on toms, as my head choices were mostly coated for the past decade. I'm thrilled with the head choice... which is the standard issue for Brady drums (since they actually have Brady logos on the heads).
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tah821 View Post
    I use coated Emperors over clear Ambassadors on my toms, but a coated Powerstroke over the stock Pearl on my bass. Emperor X over hazy Ambassador on snare.
    Kaostosis-
    how do you like the vintage A's? I've been looking to experiment with my heads, and am either gonna try those or the Ambassador X's on my toms.
    I like the Vintage A's a lot! I use them with a ring or moongel b/c I like a tighter sound when close mic'd. But even with that they project a really nice tone on the Renowns.

If someone were looking for something between and A and an E that would be my suggestion.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

My toms are E over A, my snare is a coated A over stock, and the kick is an emad batter and stock reso.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....