Thread: Metronomes

User Info Menu

Default Metronomes

Can anyone reccomend a metronome that you can not only program time signatures and tempo but also changes between them?

For example I have songs that change from 4/4 to 3/4 and back with tempo changes and I need a metronome smart enough the change when I need it to.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by el presidente
    Can anyone reccomend a metronome that you can not only program time signatures and tempo but also changes between them?

For example I have songs that change from 4/4 to 3/4 and back with tempo changes and I need a metronome smart enough the change when I need it to.

Thanks!

write a click track with guitar pro dude
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

^^ What he said. You don't need to actually write anything, so long as you know the number of bars/progressions for each part.

You can just set the tempo at the beginning, click the metronome button, and then change the track partway through where your tempo changes would be using the "Mix Table" button. Time signatures are changed at the top left of the screen (the "4/4" button).

You would only need to actually write something if you wanted to change the sound of the click, if you'd prefer cowbell or clicks or anything to the standard metronome click.

Hope that helps,
    HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

My Roland practice pad has that.........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    My Roland practice pad has that.........
    can you set it for auto time sig changes? cus i had a roland td-3 and it had a click, but no way to auto-change at a certain point... i will be recording a 5 song cd in about 2 months and plan on using guitar pro click tracks to record with in the studio.. i see no need for a piece of equipment that costs money when u can set up a click track on the pc for free
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

I'm not sure about the auto time sig changes, but the click track on the pc sounds like it's better for you anyway. The Roland RMP-5 is about $250.00.........

User Info Menu

I highly recommend the Turn It Up & Lay It Down series. It's a much better way of learning to keep time. (IMO) And a lot more fun. If you're not famaliar w/them, its a CD w/18 different bass licks that u play along with. It even shows you what to set your metronome to if you want to use it while playing along. They've become really popular & you can find them at any music store. I think they've made about 7-8 volumes. Start w/vol. 1 and have fun!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by el presidente

Thanks!
    Mr. President,
    When you get into this level of sophistication with a metronome, they no longer call it a metronome. They call it a drum machine.

User Info Menu

i think the tama rythm watch can do it.