Hey all -
I last posted here in April 2008! I was unable to afford the drums of my dreams then, so I quit posting. Now I am one day away from ordering my dream set... Yamaha DTX 950k...and I am soooo stoked I can't stand it!!! I've been cramming in as much info as possible (thanks to you guys) in order NOT to make a $5,000 mistake. Everything I've read so far is pointing me in this direction. I had considered the Hart pro 6.4 - no dealers any where around that stock them therefore unable to try them out first hand. I also considered the Roland TD-12 or 20, but never really liked their mesh head...too spongy IMO. While on vacation in Orlando, I got to play the new Yamaha DTX 900k and was blown away! The heads, cymbals, and sound were much better to me than rolands. Does anybody else have any more opinions on the new Yamaha's? Also need advice on what kind of monitor/P.A. speaker to go with. I've heard JBL and Mackie is good, I would like two for stereo and be as loud as an acoustic set. For now I will be playing at my home and maybe one day find myself in a cover band playing classic rock.