View Poll Results: Choose the new newbie initiation test

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wear the dreded pink XXS "I Love Keytars" t-shirt, day and night, for a month straight

3 10.00%
  • Pay drummer $1,000.00

2 6.67%
  • Have a dunking contest with BigTallG...in the deep end of the pool

4 13.33%
  • Jog agross Canada three times

3 10.00%
  • Roll in poison oak

2 6.67%
  • Become a Hanna Montana roadie

2 6.67%
  • Have a drinking contest with 1DrumBum

3 10.00%
  • Try out for an all midget, all girl band

2 6.67%
  • Dress up like Col. Sanders and pretend to be bongobro

4 13.33%
  • None of these are harsh...er...I mean challenging enough

5 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Initiation

User Info Menu

Default Newbie Initiation

As a wise man just suggested, we need a hazing...er...I mean initiation process for Drum Chat newbies. So, pick your fave.

User Info Menu

I voted. WOO!

User Info Menu

Pay Drummer $1000.00. That was easy!

User Info Menu

We should make them Jog across Canada WHILE SINGING "O CANADA!" the whole time!!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Definitely all girl midget band!

User Info Menu

You should add this one:
    Try to win a debate over Sabian cymbals with CAM
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Definitely all girl midget band!
    Actually, that would be pretty kick *** to be with a bunch of midget girls, one could play the keytar I want one of those shirts man.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Midgets, Keytars, Newbies OH MY!

User Info Menu

They should only be allowed to post in 'Corrupt a Wish' for a month.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

LOL that would completely suck. I'd go crazy.
    I still like the dressing up like bongobro one
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

I think running across Canada would be sufficient, you guys don't understand how big it actually is lol. SOOOO big
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Everyone... I mean everyone, should have to wear the Pink Keytars shirt.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

All Midget all girl band, oh wait.... I'M A NEWBIE!!!!
    I think it should be
    "All newbies should get a free piece of equipment from the senior members, as a token of our welcoming nature and love for new faces"
    anybody.....?
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie Initiation

I am flattened ... no, flattered ... by your vote of confidence (?) in the 'bro ... but what you're seein' in that avatar is THE official Joy Donkey stagewear: Black leather jacket, black T-shirt (white acceptable) and jeans (black preferred but blue will do) ... shades required on-stage, too ...

BUT since the guy who started this poll is an axe man, the perfect newbie initiation would be ... spend two hours with RD and a roomful of guitarists and convince at least one of them to become a drummer!

Alternate choice: Have the newbies sit in on a two-hour jam session with 1DB, the 'bro and other committed hand percussonists and force them to sit and watch ... and not lay a finger on the bongos, congas, djembes, ashikos, cajons, etc., which will fill the room! (Bodhran optional for our Irish drummers)

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

hey bongobro, if you are looking for an irish drummer with a bodhrán, you've found your man, although i am also a newbie, so that would be the perfect way to initiate me!!!!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Obviously, there is a lot of interest in persecu...I mean, initiating our valued newbies. C'mon admin's, let's come up with a program!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    I think running across Canada would be sufficient, you guys don't understand how big it actually is lol. SOOOO big

now what would be worse.....?? swimming across the pacific OR running accross Canada naked

ok, how about , all of us newbies get shouted to a nice cold beer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Obviously, there is a lot of interest in persecu...I mean, initiating our valued newbies. C'mon admin's, let's come up with a program!
    Ok, you guys wanna have some fun? Well, it's gotta be virtual right?
    We set up a thread and the newbies have to pick a member and write a paragraph telling them how much they love them. They must use the words tender, lingerie, desire, sensual, and oatmeal. Yep, that's right, ..."oatmeal".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    We set up a thread and the newbies have to pick a member and write a paragraph telling them how much they love them. They must use the words tender, lingerie, desire, sensual, and oatmeal. Yep, that's right, ..."oatmeal".
    Perfect newbie initiation!!! Just PERFECT!

User Info Menu

LOL! Yeah, well, I guess my days at Drum Chat are numbered. The first time my wife hears about somebody online who want's to slather me with oatmeal, I'll be toast!

User Info Menu

yer ill have to talk to my girlfriend about this one. i dont know about using the word love about another drummer, she already thinks i love the drums more than her

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80
    yer ill have to talk to my girlfriend about this one. i dont know about using the word love about another drummer, she already thinks i love the drums more than her
    Well ...you do, don't you? LOL

User Info Menu

It's official! See General Drum Chat / Newbie Initiation

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...3406#post23406

So... see a newbie, send them to the newbie initiation box. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
    Last edited by drummer; 04-10-2007 at 06:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Well ...you do, don't you? LOL

lol!

User Info Menu

Sweet! I can't wait to see what they write (good thing I'm a senior now....)
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.