Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drumming Shoes?

User Info Menu

Default Drumming Shoes?

What do you guys wear? Do you think shoe type is important for the kick pedals or for your comfort on the drumset?

User Info Menu

....i like to wear converse cause they r flat...

User Info Menu

tennis shoes for the grip
    max

User Info Menu

I wear socks that have grippies on the bottom
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

I always played barefoot or in socks when at home. I still like to. When playing out, I used to wear wrestling shoes for their THIN, flexable soles. They allowed me to be able to "feel" the pedals. They're GREAT. Now, I'll ware Vans or barefoot/socks.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

i play with anything on.if you can work the pedal good and fast your good.

User Info Menu

I used to wear wrestling shoes, but I play barefoot a lot more now. It's just more comfortable.

User Info Menu

Make sure you check out http://www.drumshoes.com/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    Make sure you check out http://www.drumshoes.com/

Those are SWEET!!! I think when I have the extra, I would invest in those..pretty cool. Thanks bro.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

I've always been told the best shoes are the flat ones for drums.

User Info Menu

Bare footin'
    BOOOOOO!!!

User Info Menu

Let's get off this smelly subject.
    Limpy
    *Drum yourself to death

User Info Menu

that was a stinky thing of you to say

User Info Menu

barefoot or my smelly and absolutly gross adidas but when i finally get my combat boots (yes for everyday) i wonder if they`ll affect my playing
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

they should improve your playing...not at first but once u get used to the heavier shoes it builds muscle and helps u play better like swinging a larger bat in b-ball prac then u actually use in the game

User Info Menu

that makes sense like i started off with heavier sticks and now they seem so light but everyone says their wicked heavy
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

I usually play barefoot. I wear a dress sandal or fancy flip flops that I can take off easy and put back on after a set to mingle. I'm hinting to my wife about the drum shoes.My birthday is coming up. They look comfortable and are black in color. Good color for dress slacks for those private party and events when you have to dress up.

User Info Menu

flip flops? lol those r the only shoes i ever wear... their cool. Light brown and it says american eagle at the bottom, and the strap thingys are white sequins. Their my favorite shoes.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

hooray for vans.... the only shoes i have otherwise barefoot is fine
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

ooh i have vans too!!! 1 pair is pink/brown checkered, one black/red checkered, 1 white w/ a bunch of white stuff on it, (my faves) and 1 pair black with white dots
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Default Drumming Shoes?

Hey, lezzle! I don't know how I'd look in flip-flops but you've got somethin' there...rubber-soled shoes give you better traction on the pedals. Barefootin' sounds like it'd be rough on your heels and toes (especially if you miss and hit the pedal frame). I'll take a look at the drumshoes website, though...might give them a try, too!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Hey, lezzle! I don't know how I'd look in flip-flops but you've got somethin' there...rubber-soled shoes give you better traction on the pedals. Barefootin' sounds like it'd be rough on your heels and toes (especially if you miss and hit the pedal frame). I'll take a look at the drumshoes website, though...might give them a try, too!
    hmm i just wear em cuz their cool but ok
    lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    A girl drummer wearing white sequins flip flops...I just got a chubby.
    Oh crap, now "Drummer" is gonna boot me for saying that...I'm screwed.
    yo nasty

User Info Menu

whahahaha this forum is entertaining
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

i like to play barefoot when its warm in the building or outside(depending mostly on if i'm play inside or outside) and socks when its cold. i used to play with shoes on but then i found that playing barefoot or in socks is a lot more fun and i can go faster. yeah!