Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What pedals do you guys own?

Larrysperf Guest

Default Re: What pedals do you guys own?

Pearl Eliminator belt drive double, and Ludwig speed king

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by defcon235 View Post
    I've always wondered about the cobra coils, what are they?
    The Cobra Coil is a small spring that sits under the footboard. It adds a very different kind of resistance versus the regular spring, feeling more constant as opposed to building up all at the end. Personally I like adding tension by moving that instead of tightening the side springs.

Here's a great overview, it's the video that convinced me to buy them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e27bylzdSTA"]YouTube- ‪Tama's Iron Cobra (featuring the Cobra Coil) with Jon Karel of The Number 12 Looks Like You‬‎[/ame]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DLDante View Post
    Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide w/ Cobra Coil on the acoustic set
    Pearl P900 on the electronic set

I was one of the ones who used to bash the Pearl P900. I've owned the pedal for a year and have never really liked it. When I got the electronic set I played around with the settings a lot and finally found a comfort zone. I'm liking the pedal now. I would never, under any circumstances, choose it over my Iron Cobra but considering it's price (around $50) it's a damn good pedal.
    DL, What do you think of the coil? any noticable differance?

User Info Menu

Yes SGD how do the coils mount up?

User Info Menu

As in, how are they put on the pedal, or how do I like them? For the former, there's a small slit in the floor plate about two inches long, and the spring screws into that at any point along the length. Put it closer to the back for more resistance from it, toward the toes for less.

As for how I like it, I love it. It helps make it feel a lot less "uneven". Normally I hated the fact that trying to ratchet up the tension meant that for the first inch of the stroke there's little resistance, but then at the end there's TONS. With the coil, you get a more constant feel.

User Info Menu

I appreciate the opinion, They want a nice penny for them and I didn't want to waste money on a cheap fix. I think I will save up and get these for my pedals. F/T

User Info Menu

The only issue I'm having with the pedals is that the slave isn't quite as responsive, but that's hardly unexpected.

I'm almost thinking of selling them, though, to put money toward a set of Trick Dominators. If I sell my AAX Metal crash, Acrolite, and the IC's I should be able to afford 'em...

User Info Menu

Gibraltar Avenger II's.. They're really good for the money with that kind of quality...

Kinda looking forward to Mapex Falcons some day though.. lol
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

i have a DW5000 chain,,,and an iron cobra chain .. i like them both,but i use the I.C. on gigs ,just because its newer
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I have a Pearl P-122 PowerShifter single pedal, and a DW 8002 double pedal. Like wolvie, I have had no problem with the springs that have been said to break, and the DW 8002 is a super smooth pedal.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fumbled time View Post
    DL, What do you think of the coil? any noticable differance?
    Hmm. I'm not certain that I feel all that much of a difference in the pedal itself during regular play vs. an Iron Cobra without the coil; both feel pretty smooth to me. In fact, I thought the Coil was gimmicky nonsense at first and probably wouldn't have bothered with it if it didn't already come with the Iron Cobra itself. But after playing some hours with it what I have noticed is that the coil seems to push my foot back up which, in turn, increases my endurance quite a bit because I am kind of only doing half the work. It also doesn't feel like there's anything extra under your foot so even though you've got this little "cheat" going on, it doesn't feel strange and you don't have to adjust your playing. It's hard to describe but when you play one your initial reaction will be, "this thing doesn't do anything", but after a few hours with it you'll look down and say, "wow! I can't believe my foot is still going!"

Hope that helps.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Yes it does, Thanks for the reply.

User Info Menu

Question Re: What pedals do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    DW 7000 Single
    DW 5000 Single (single chain)
    DW 5000 Single (double chain)
    DW 5000 Doubles
    Have you checked out the Mapex Falcon dble pedals ?.
    What do you think?.

User Info Menu

Homeularis, my drum teacher is endorsed by Mapex, and she got a Falcon pedal. She let me try it out, and it is one very smooth pedal - extremely responsive.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Question Re: What pedals do you guys own?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Homeularis, my drum teacher is endorsed by Mapex, and she got a Falcon pedal. She let me try it out, and it is one very smooth pedal - extremely responsive.
    It looks compact yet heavy duty. I like the thinner base plate.
    It looks like it would feel like an extention of your foot.
    DW, Pearl ,Tama etc... seem to have a very similar wide footboard and footprint.
    The Falcon seems pretty breakthrough in that regard.
    Did you notice the same thing?.
    How was the feel,the speed and overall look?.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bubingabill View Post
    I also have the pearl p-100,no complaints,it seems to work well,i would love to try/have the dw 9000,what BD pedal is the best,the DW 9000,the pearl demon drive or the pearl p-100
    I tried all three out today at guitar center because they were all side by side 1. Demon Drive 2. P-100 3. DW9000.

The pearls just felt smoother and more buttery than the DW's. 9000's were a lot heavier than I expected. Valuewise the P-100 is the best you can pick it up for $15 on eBay. Surprising because it is such a well made pedal. I actually liked the PDP402's better than the DW 9000's. I have no idea why, but i did. :/

I also found the 402's on guitar center's used section. Going to buy them tomorrow hopefully
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    I tried all three out today at guitar center because they were all side by side 1. Demon Drive 2. P-100 3. DW9000.

The pearls just felt smoother and more buttery than the DW's. 9000's were a lot heavier than I expected. Valuewise the P-100 is the best you can pick it up for $15 on eBay. Surprising because it is such a well made pedal. I actually liked the PDP402's better than the DW 9000's. I have no idea why, but i did. :/

I also found the 402's on guitar center's used section. Going to buy them tomorrow hopefully
    Dont do it! I liked them when i tried them too, but ask yohin, he'll tell ya how they fall apart and become unusable as a double.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordison515 View Post
    Are you sure you tried the Pearl P100? I don't think they even make those anymore. Did you try a used one?

Also, I know the side-by-side display you're talking about at GC and that thing sucks for gauging the feel of a pedal. I'd recommend you ask them to mount it on an actual bass drum before deciding which one you prefer.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Yeah, those display pedals are CRAZY beat up. I was playing on a Demon Drive that was literally wrecked to the point that beater didn't even make contact with a practice pad. It was bizarre.

User Info Menu

I have 3 pairs of Double Pedals plus 3 single pedals.

The main pair I use with my Yamaha Oak Customs at the dance hall is the Pearl Eliminator Demon Double pedals.

My DW 7000 double pedals are on my Yamaha Power V Special 4 piece road kit.

My Gibraltar Intruder Double pedals are on my Yamaha Power V Special 5 Piece practice kit at home.

Also, I have the first double pedal I bought long long ago...its a CB700 double pedal that still works. I have one of my Ludwig Speed King pedals left over from the 60s and a couple of the Gibraltar double chain single pedals when I played a Yamaha Power V Special kit with 2 - 22" kicks. I still have the kit but split it up so I have 2 kits out of one now.

Never made any pics of the pedals.
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 08-09-2010 at 08:09 PM.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Pearl Eliminator 2000 (b) belt
    DW 5000A double pedal

User Info Menu

Axis X single pedal I got used on Ebay... I don't have too much experience with high end pedals but this thing is silky smooth, fast, and comfortable. Compared to other pedals I've gotten to use including one professional guy's at a local drum clinic, it is much better.
    ~Pearl, Zildjian, Hammerax, Remo, Vic Firth, LP, Pulse~

Zildjian League

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Warren Wright!

User Info Menu

I'm using the Pearl P2000C PowerShifter Eliminator Bass Drum pedal. Super smooth. Super adjustable. I love the interchangeable cams. I'm sticking to a single pedal. I can play a double, but the music I play just doesn't call for it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk11 View Post
    I'm using the Pearl P2000C PowerShifter Eliminator Bass Drum pedal. Super smooth. Super adjustable. I love the interchangeable cams. I'm sticking to a single pedal. I can play a double, but the music I play just doesn't call for it.
    +1. I just realized i have no need for a double here either. I have a Sound Percussion single pedal, and am going to buy a DW 7000 single.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html