Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What pedals do you guys own?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What pedals do you guys own?

davewilson (or "D Dub") Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about those pedals for a while now and its definately between the Gibraltar Intruders or the Mapex Falcons.
    Im not down to pay more than $400.00 for pedals and $300.00 is more like it.

I very briefly played a set of Gib. Intr. double chain version. They came off a little bulky and the left beater kept bashing me on the back of the foot on the rebound. Maybe it was because I wasent really playing naturally. I was only really playing a bass drum and not a full kit and it was pretty awkward so I cant really make a solid judjement. I dont like chains very much. probably gonna opt for the Direct Drive or the Strap.

What do you think about the Direct Drive compared to the other options and do you have any complaints about the pedal at all ?.

Also, I noticed you have a DW 9000 pedal. How would you compare the two ?.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homeularis View Post
    davewilson (or "D Dub") Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about those pedals for a while now and its definately between the Gibraltar Intruders or the Mapex Falcons.
    Im not down to pay more than $400.00 for pedals and $300.00 is more like it.

I very briefly played a set of Gib. Intr. double chain version. They came off a little bulky and the left beater kept bashing me on the back of the foot on the rebound. Maybe it was because I wasent really playing naturally. I was only really playing a bass drum and not a full kit and it was pretty awkward so I cant really make a solid judjement. I dont like chains very much. probably gonna opt for the Direct Drive or the Strap.

What do you think about the Direct Drive compared to the other options and do you have any complaints about the pedal at all ?.

Also, I noticed you have a DW 9000 pedal. How would you compare the two ?.
    I noticed the same thing regarding the bulk on the chain drive... I grew up playing an old Speed King so I tend to like solid linkage. Gibraltar isn't known for slim and slender hardware.. but the direct drive system on the Intruder combined with the pedalboard makes for a very sleek looking setup... for Gibraltar that is.
    I don't have a DW 9000... I have a 5000 which was the top end pedal before the 9000 was introduced. I've owned Tama, Yamaha, Ludwig, DW and Gibraltar pedals and I'd rate the DW 5000 and the Gibraltar pretty even on the value for dollar scale, but I tend to favor direct-drive.

If money was no object.. my choice would probably surprise everyone here because the nicest double pedal I've ever used (for me anyway) was the new design Yamaha DFP Direct Drive with the new elongated foot boards. Probably not so much for it's double pedal prowess.. but for it's awesome power during "off-the drum" (which is playing with the beater off the head) out of sync heel/toe and stomps.

If Gibraltar would make a longboard version of the Intruder... ohhh.

Here's a pic of the Yamaha:
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed

User Info Menu

Yeah, That Yammie looks nice.
    The Mapex Falcon also has a long pedal board and a slim but sturdy profile. You should check it out. watch the vid.
    So, no complaints on the Gibr. Intr. huh?.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homeularis View Post
    Yeah, That Yammie looks nice.
    The Mapex Falcon also has a long pedal board and a slim but sturdy profile. You should check it out. watch the vid.
    So, no complaints on the Gibr. Intr. huh?.
    Only gripe I've ever had with my Gibraltar pedal was the lack of a toe stop... which is kinda dumb cuz even my other pedals that have a hole for one don't have one on them..LOL.
    Drums... That's how I roll!

http://facebook.com/davewilson831

The Gretsch Drums Woodshed