Thread: Shoutbox.....

User Info Menu

Default Shoutbox.....

Why is the Shoutbox only on the main page, anyone know? I would like it if it was at the top of every page, that way when your browsing the threads you can still chat and not miss anything..... Just a suggestion.

User Info Menu

Ya I think that is a good way to go.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

That would be nice!
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

Yeah but if they did that they would have to go through like a TON of lines of HTML code and prolly have to close DrumChat for a little while so that they could work on it.

I agree it would be a great idea, but we need to consider what the administration and moderators think before we go begging for a change.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

yea i want shoutbox on everypage!
    Band: System of a Down
    Song: Atwa

Current: four way independence

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    Yeah but if they did that they would have to go through like a TON of lines of HTML code and prolly have to close DrumChat for a little while so that they could work on it.

I agree it would be a great idea, but we need to consider what the administration and moderators think before we go begging for a change.
    I don't know how this site is setup, but I dare say they uss CSS or something like that, so if they just added the shoutbox code to the template all the other pages use it wouldn't be hard. Or the shoutbox can operate a seperate XML applet, then they just need to add the XML code to the appropriate area of each page on the site.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

That would be really nice if it happened. I hate missing some parts of the conversation :( haha

User Info Menu

i agree, i dont use the shout box just because i have to stay on the home page to use it
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos

They could always copy the code they have.... Take it away and work on it offline. Then upload it when its ready. Fix bugs over a day..... Im a firm believer in making sacrifices for the greater good! :>

User Info Menu

We're looking at all this guys. DB has been backed up. Thanks for your patience.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Shoutbox.....

Anything else on this drummer? It would be so handy
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Its easy to, just have to edit one line (I also run a vBulletin site).

However, having it on every page would increase server load (make things slow
    ) a bit, which I'm guessing drummer doesn't want to do.

User Info Menu

That was the verdict. The SB already drags it a bit and kicks those off that don't have a stable internet connection.

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas ALL CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMERS
    I always think that IT would be Great PERSAY the SHOUT BOX was on all pages ,& MAybe within time the WEB-MASTERS WIZZARDS will do this*
    I know that I love too SHARE KNOWLEDGE with alot Of HOT CREATIVE ARTISTIC MINDS within this ANCIENT ART FORM **Here **so ITS ALL VERY COOL **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

what ever happened to my idea of opening the shoutbox into its own page with a click because once that happens it doesnt matter what pages your posting on your still able to see the chat box.

Then also you can make it full screen to watch the whole chat because sometimes when it gets buisy its hard to follow. i know i have trouble time to time
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I think I mentioned this before Stevo. I'll ask'em again. Seems like a good idea to me.