Thread: Success!!

User Info Menu

Talking Success!!

So about 15 years ago, a school told my uncle "we need to get rid of this set so here's a drumset" and my uncle's like "okay, I know someone who will probably take these off of my hands". After phone call after phone call, the guy who my uncle knew was like "I'll get it sometime" each time. So when I came to his place a few days ago, he had a broken-down set with no cymbal stands and 2 hihat stands with a hihat and ride. Yesterday, we went over to the Drum Center (Long island, New York) and got bottom rims (we don't know why there were no bottom rims) and cymbal stands, a zildjian thin ride and a drum throne while I got 4 things of Moongel (I don't know what I was thinking) and another pair of tenor sticks (I needed them). We then went into his studio and while he cleaned up the ride, I put the Remos he had previously purchased on and tuned up the toms and put on a set of moongels. They sounded nice. I put a moongel on the snare and it sounded terrible. So after I tinkered a little bit with the tuning, I remembered something I'd learned from here. "When you tune a snare, the best way is to make each side the same". So I did so and the snare didn't sound like a bass drum, but instead, it sounded like the marching snares at my school.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Default Re: Success!!

Very cool CB! Now you see how hanging out at Drum Chat pays off!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Long Island for the win.

success indeed. :D
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

ThePloughman Guest

what is it?

User Info Menu

Good times C/B!

User Info Menu

I tune my snare reso tighter by at least 1-2 turns more than the batter this way the snares do not buzz.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by concrete Building View Post
    So about 15 years ago, a school told my uncle "we need to get rid of this set so here's a drumset" and my uncle's like "okay, I know someone who will probably take these off of my hands". After phone call after phone call, the guy who my uncle knew was like "I'll get it sometime" each time. So when I came to his place a few days ago, he had a broken-down set with no cymbal stands and 2 hihat stands with a hihat and ride. Yesterday, we went over to the Drum Center (Long island, New York) and got bottom rims (we don't know why there were no bottom rims) and cymbal stands, a zildjian thin ride and a drum throne while I got 4 things of Moongel (I don't know what I was thinking) and another pair of tenor sticks (I needed them). We then went into his studio and while he cleaned up the ride, I put the Remos he had previously purchased on and tuned up the toms and put on a set of moongels. They sounded nice. I put a moongel on the snare and it sounded terrible. So after I tinkered a little bit with the tuning, I remembered something I'd learned from here. "When you tune a snare, the best way is to make each side the same". So I did so and the snare didn't sound like a bass drum, but instead, it sounded like the marching snares at my school.
    You live in Illinois but were in Long Island getting drums?

Any idea what the kit is?
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

We're guessing it's a yamaha, but it's a pretty old kit. No logos anywhere.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Post pics, maybe someone can help you identify it.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle