Thread: are ludwig accent drums any good

User Info Menu

Default are ludwig accent drums any good

a frend is asking me and i've never heard ofthem
    i've heard of ludwig but not accent name

User Info Menu

i've nevr heard them played but i've heard good things about them...i've nevr heard a ludwig that i didn't like....

User Info Menu

I almost bought the ludwig accent cs I believe. What I likes about the cs model is it has a 10 lug snare and bass. I believe there birch though, I wanted maple.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Alien
    a frend is asking me and i've never heard ofthem
    i've heard of ludwig but not accent name
    Ludwog also goes by another name Slingray thats their accent name

User Info Menu

ludwig are good. But the accent line is a very decent. Its for begginers not that great of a drum(i think)

User Info Menu

Accent is a beginner line. Not recommended for more serious drummers. A good value for those starting out though.

User Info Menu

thats wut i got, I mean they're not DW's or Premier but they're deff. not bad . If ur lookin for a snare or bass pedals..Ludwig's wut u go for
    Last edited by zildjian_rdv; 06-30-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    ''I can do all things through Christ, who stengthens me.''
    phillipians 4:13

User Info Menu

ludwig accent is a set id conciter a beginer set.
    MAPEX - ZILDJIAN - VIC FIRTH

User Info Menu

I have one in red and it sounded somewhat desent
    but all you have to do is get better symbols if you dont like the stock ones and muffle the bass drum you may also have to get differant drumheads
    it was some work but its worth it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: are ludwig accent drums any good

Not all Accent drums are the same, and Ludwig should do a better job at differentiating them. IMO Accent CS Customs are very good drums for the money and here is why: They are made with 100% birch shells - great for a bright, punchy sound, The come in lacquer or Satin Oil finishes, they come with come with ball and socket/L-arms with RIMS-style isolation mounts - much better than the Pearl-style tube mounting and the RIMS mounts make a HUGE difference.
    "The kiosk in my temporal lobe is shaped like Rosalynn Carter."

http://www.facebook.com/robert.romeo
    Noble & Cooley Drums
    Sabian Cymbals
    Evans Heads
    DW Pedals and Hardware

User Info Menu

The Ludwig Accent CS Elites are an excellent buy and serve as an advanced beginner/intermediate set. Here are the positives (some pointed out by others)--good value for money (less than $900 for a complete kit w/good hardware), RIMS mounts, 10 lug snare and bass drum, great finishes, 100% birch. You will want to put on new heads (I used EC2s on the kit I had a awhile back) and some muffling on the bass drum (I used Remo muffle rings). The differentiation between levels is very confusing, but you'll know the higher-level Accents when you see them. They generally run between $700-$800 for a five-piece plus hardware. The hardware is good, too; I traded my kit in, but I still use the hardware.
    Ludwig Classic Maple w/Supraphonic Snare
    Sonor S-Classix
    Paiste New Signature Dark Energy

User Info Menu

good point rob, there are a few accent lines, just like different levels of pearl vision, sonor force and pdp. i think the cs and cs elite all birch lines hold there own with any mid-priced kit out there.

Larrysperf Guest

I have a set of accent customs & like them better then my Pearl set. Have Evans heads on them. Hope this helps. But didnt like the snare so use my pearl.