Thread: Pearl Traveller Drumset, Is It Worthy ?

User Info Menu

Smile Pearl Traveller Drumset, Is It Worthy ?

CAN I USE A PEARL TRAVELLER ( COMPACT ) , FOR MY GIGS?

DO YOU STACK THE TOMS - ONE INSIDE THE OTHER - SO THE TOTAL PACKAGE IS NOT BULKY ?

WHAT IS THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE PACKAGE ( EXCL. STANDS) ?

PLASE HELP

PHIL2007 Guest

Pearl Traveler kit is ok if you do not mind the sound of single headed toms and kick drum,although a second kick head could be added.
    The overall package can probably fit into the back seat of a compact car,so it is fairly compact.
    As far as the sound goes,rating the sound on a scale of 1-10,i will rate it at 5 on the sound scale.

User Info Menu

Looks crap, probably sounds about the same. I don't think anyone would take you seriously if you got a rhythm traveler. It's the plight of the drummer, having the most gear to lug around.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

They're going to sound thin. If you're ok with that, go for it.

User Info Menu

they are great for practice, and work well for small quiet gigs. not something you would wanna be seen or heard playing on a rock gig.

User Info Menu

The Pearl traveller is marketed as a practice kit so as not to disturb the neighbours AND a gig kit!!
    I seriously wouldn't recommend it as a gig kit, i love pearl but the concept of it as a gig kit is rediculous, and the sizes are tiny too.
    You might just be better off buying a small trailer or something if your kit won't fit in your car, or just borrow a friends car for the night instead.

I played a rhythm traveller before, and i felt embarrased, and i was in a music shop, alone... (except for cashier) I am 5 foot 10 inches tall, and i felt like some kind of freaky tall giant person.
    Don't get it for gigs man!!

surprisingly, they sounded not as thin as i expected, although they did sound thin.
    GIGS = NO
    QUIET HOUSE PRACTICE / MIDGETS = YES
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjf1986

I played a rhythm traveller before, and i felt embarrased, and i was in a music shop, alone... (except for cashier) I am 5 foot 10 inches tall, and i felt like some kind of freaky tall giant person.

Imagine if I played it.

LOL!!

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG
    Imagine if I played it.

LOL!!

LOL! It would be like that tall guy in the mini in The Simpsons!!

Nelson: "HAHA"
    Tall Guy: "Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?"...

BiggTallG: Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm playing my rhythm traveller kit?...
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Traveller Drumset, Is It Worthy ?

These kits are fine with mesh heads and plugged into a module. Nice tight set-up...