Thread: Anyone familiar with Yamaha triggering issues??

User Info Menu

Default Anyone familiar with Yamaha triggering issues??

Iv'e been told that the Yamy's are notorious for triggering issues with their high-hat and snare? I got a chance to play the new dtx 925k, and loved the set and sounds, except I noticed the snare wasn't as sensitive as the mighty Roland td-20. The drum store manager stated that the triggering issue was within the TDX brain and has been a problem with Yamaha's. Anyone else familiar or have experience with problems with the Yamaha's???

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone familiar with Yamaha triggering issues??

Nope...I've owned both brands...they both trigger about the same...my DTXtreme III (DTX900 now) is as sensitive as any roland kit I've played...and the sounds are more realistic (since they are real drum samples)...
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 08-13-2010 at 01:48 PM.

dave0549jv Guest

The hats on my dtxplorer stick every once in a while. Not sure why. It hasn't happened enough for me to get really annoyed with it yet, I guess

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input. I really liked the dtx kit better than the td20. I know both have their plus' and minus'...but I ultimately want the set that has the most realistic sound and feel, and I think I can have that in the dtx 950. Thanks for the reassurance about the triggering issues, glad to know it shouldn't be a concern. Any advice on what kind of monitor or pa speaker to go with? Will be used in my home. Satellite /sub system or powered pa such as jbl?? Thanks for your advice.

dave0549jv Guest

I just use mine for practice, so when i'm not plugged into headphones, i just use a set of decent computer speakers with a subwoofer. It's cheap and it works well enough to bother the neighbors!

User Info Menu

If cost is a factor get the Simmons DA200 ($299)...if not get the Yamaha MS100DR ($550 from RMC Audio)...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Nope...I've owned both brands...they both trigger about the same...my DTXtreme III (DTX900 now) is as sensitive as any roland kit I've played...and the sounds are more realistic (since they are real drum samples)...
    I concur with Scorch, as I've owned both the DTX III and TD-20exp modules. The DTX III/900 module is the better buy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ABCgang View Post
    I concur with Scorch, as I've owned both the DTX III and TD-20exp modules. The DTX III/900 module is the better buy.
    True, you do get more bang for your buck with Yamaha, esp. with the $500 rebate going on right now. I'm thinking the DTX 950k and a really good pair of Ultrasone cans for right now, and after doing more research, monitors or PA speakers later. Man, I'm getting psyched just thinking about it!! Any advice on how to get a wife to agree?? This is now my only dilemma.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beatlefan View Post
    Any advice on how to get a wife to agree?? This is now my only dilemma.
    You might need to upgrade to another wife that is more agreeable to your need for GAS.

Just do it. It's easier to ask forgivness then permission.

Use your mad emergency money to buy it and act like you've always had it.

Stomp your feet and tell her you'll hold your breath, if you can't get it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ABCgang View Post
    You might need to upgrade to another wife that is more agreeable to your need for GAS.

Just do it. It's easier to ask forgivness then permission.

Use your mad emergency money to buy it and act like you've always had it.

Stomp your feet and tell her you'll hold your breath, if you can't get it.
    Absolutely Agree!...LOL...hahaha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
    Absolutely Agree!...LOL...hahaha

Now why didn't I think of that, Excellent idea!! Anyhow, I will get some pictures up as soon as I get it. Thanks for the post'.

Soon to be