Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your goal?

User Info Menu

Default What is your goal?

What exactly is your drumming goal?

You may all think I'm crazy but my goal is to be an awesome and well respected female drummer....... I know I'm old but it can be done, you watch!

User Info Menu

my goal is to play drums as clean and as smooth as i can so that if i ever auditioned for a band, they would be beggin me to hang around LOL!

thats a really dedicated approach and attitude I think Drum chick! i was like that.

what was inspirational to me was when i heard that the legend John Bonham was playing drums for 5 years before he rocked in the big Led.

If this isnt true please excuse me..its what i heard and gave me plenty of inspiration especially knowing he is one of the greats.
    Last edited by livewire80; 04-07-2007 at 08:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Default never to old

You are never to old for drumming. I believe you can be a awsome female drummer. My teachers always told me if i wanted to be good to practice,practice and practice. I have found out for me anyway playing with music helps me alot. I'm 46 yrs. old and still playing.

Keep drumming

Greg

User Info Menu

or maybe John was playing for 5 years before he joined a band?? can someone clarify for me please i just tried searching for it but couldnt find anything on how long he was playing for before playing in a band. i was told 5 years by a big fan of his.

User Info Menu

best in da world

User Info Menu

I want to be better than Neil Peart

LOL just kidding.

I want to be able to improvise very well, and to be able to play all types of different music.
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

I want to be able to become a professional drummer

im not even talking about a band, like maybe be a studio drummer

User Info Menu

Same as Ch33zz, I want to be respected for my music and not my bands music so that there's no way to hog the glory.
    But as one of my unrealistic goals, I want to build a 10 piece set using all Paiste titanium alloy as my shells. And yea I guess being the best in the world would be cool lol.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I would love to make a living as a drummer, studio or band. I think it would be really neat to make my own music with a band and have people ocme listen. On the other hand my goal is to just become a good drummer, to be able to play all styles and to mix those styles

User Info Menu

I want to be a famous ballerina dancer.

User Info Menu

global domination....but after that who knows.

User Info Menu

I would love to get so good that i was forced to expand my kit from a regular 5 piece, as it is, i get on famously with the regular set-up and because i play grungy music, i have never need anymore than that, but yeah, my dream is to have to expand my kit!!
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

I want to be a jockey at the horse track.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Seriously, though......I attained my goals a long time ago, and continue to maintain them.....just to be in bands and play out. As far as actual drumming, my goal is to continually learn and improve myself.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80
    or maybe John was playing for 5 years before he joined a band?? can someone clarify for me please i just tried searching for it but couldn't find anything on how long he was playing for before playing in a band. i was told 5 years by a big fan of his.

You were right the first time. Bonham started playing when he was five years old. He grew up in a very small working class community. Initially played on tin cans and such, his family did not have much money.. Eventually his father bought him a snare drum, and the rest as they say is history. The most amazing thing is Bonham was completely self taught!! A truly great drummer.

Oh BTW all I want IS SHARKS WITH FRIGGIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!!
    PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats

User Info Menu

I want to become the best drummer the world has ever seen!

User Info Menu

My goals for this year were to improve all my rudiments and develop my left hand speed and technique.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

my goal is to add dignity into playing drums, add tone into druming.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    My goals for this year were to improve all my rudiments and develop my left hand speed and technique.

HB58
    I second that, that is exactly what my main focus and my main goal is right now, and will be until I master them.

User Info Menu

Cool What is your goal?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    I want to be a famous ballerina dancer.
    Hey, drummer...Fred Astaire was a drummer! I happened to watch a portion of "That's Entertainment III" on the St. Louis PBS affiliate last night and one of the clips shown was the scene from "Easter Parade" in which Fred dances (and plays drums!) in a toy store. Whoa, bro', that was entertainment!

Now for my goal: My career will be changing in the next six months or so for reasons I can't discuss right now, but I hope this will open doors into two areas in which I am working only part-time...writing and music...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Hey, drummer...Fred Astaire was a drummer! I happened to watch a portion of "That's Entertainment III" on the St. Louis PBS affiliate last night and one of the clips shown was the scene from "Easter Parade" in which Fred dances (and plays drums!) in a toy store.
    I didn't know that. There was a famous drummer that used to tap dance. I think it was Steve Gadd but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

My real goal on the drums is just to practice more and get back into a routine.

User Info Menu

Question

Actually, I've heard that if you catch Lars in a good mood he will tapdance for you, to Master of Puppets.
    Just a rumour.............but maybe more......
    I Shall Never be caught, you will never obtain my Weapons of Mass Percussion, MWA HA HA HA HA!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjf1986
    Actually, I've heard that if you catch Lars in a good mood he will tapdance for you, to Master of Puppets.
    that sounds about right...lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjf1986
    Master Master!

That would be hilarious!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58

HB58
    thats actually my goal to as a long term goal, some short term goals would be, learning and familiarizing myself with the 40 rudiments. and also a short term goal would be to practice indipendance.