Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IAmNotATable Video(s?)

User Info Menu

Default IAmNotATable Video(s?)

I took my drums out to a wide open room to record. It's me messing around, basically what I do for a couple hours every day.

First one. Sometimes I look a little bored, but I took an hour and a half and just used the parts where I wasn't paying attention to the camera.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: For some reason embed codes aren't working.
    C&C ll Rogers ll Ludwig ll Slingerland

Istanbul Agop 16" Signature Hats ll 15" 30th Anniversary Hats
    Istanbul Agop 22" Special Edition Jazz Ride ll 22" Trash Hit
    Istanbul Agop 24" Turk Jazz Ride

DW 6000/9000 Hardware ll Aquarian Drumheads ll Roland SPD-SX ll Ableton Live 9

User Info Menu

Default Re: IAmNotATable Video(s?)

Loved it. Especially the ending stick trick thingy lol.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Haha, good to hear, man. It's not something I can normally pull off.

User Info Menu

Fantastic job, IANAT! Those were some pretty sweet grooves you had going. How long have you been playing?
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thanks! It's been just a little more than five years of me watching other drummers to learn. I literally just learned off watching other people play, so I can actually say my inspiration is anybody that plays drums.

Here, I did some stuff that I wouldn't normally do. I don't normal wash ride on my Hybrid in the middle, but it's a habit that I got into after playing a year with a single crash setup. Oh well. I don't mind. It's really hard to see, but each time I hit the ride, I go back to the snare really quick. The mic just doesn't pick it up that great. So it ends up sounding like I'm just straight wash riding for a minute. Ouch.

User Info Menu

Wow you play very good
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Thanks, man! I appreciate it.

dave0549jv Guest

well sir, i am impressed. you may not be a table, but you're definitely a better drummer than i am! The kit sounds great too. well played.

User Info Menu

You got some great skills there.. Who are your influences?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Nice grove man!

User Info Menu

Thanks, all! I'm really surprised the kit sounds ok, It's a Pulse. One I modified, but still, a Pulse.

I have many influences. You asked, so here they are. It may just seem like a giant list, but seriously, they've helped. No particular order, here.

Aaron Spears, JoJo Mayer, Steve Jordan, Mike Johnston, Patrick Keeler (The Raconteurs), Darren King (MuteMath), Neil Peart, Not Meg White, and all those cover drummers on YouTube. I'm sure there's more. Remember, anybody who plays drums influences how I play. That's just how I learn. Constant practice, and watching others.

Thanks again!

dave0549jv Guest

what do you mean NOT meg white!? she's the greatest drummer ever. she taught peart everything he knows. and dont try to give me any of that 'peart has been playing longer than she's been alive "logic." i wont hear it!

User Info Menu

Here's another, Taliband, a little improvised thing I did with my metalhead cousin, Keaton. The shirt ninja was actually an idea conceived at Blast, our Church camp. I'll have videos up of me playing at Blast next year. It's huge.

Not nearly as impressive as the first, but hey I can barely see. Also a total joke.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Embed. Dumb. No worky.

User Info Menu

This was totally unplanned, and unrehearsed. We'd been doing encores for about ten minutes, and it wasn't going to stop there. After double drumming at Junior High Camp, we went back to Illinois to play for twice as many people to watch a better rehearsed, more perfect version of this. Except with two kits combined into one. Each of us played our own kit, back to back.

EDIT: (Account deleted) :( No video to show. Another drummer and I played back to back, and I guess the chaos promoted more chaos in the audience.

Two kits, and aux percussion. It's sweet. In this video, the most impressive thing is our crowd. Those junior highers got pretty rowdy. And this is our Church...?! ... Unbelievable, right? The kids were pretty much on stage.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:31 AM.

User Info Menu

IANAT, your work in the videos proves that it is not the drums, it is the drummer that makes the biggest difference. Good job!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

So...I guess you really aren't a table, huh? well anyways awesome playing dude!!! _|m|

User Info Menu

I guess not! Here's another little one for you guys. I somehow got this flip trick on camera after like fifty tries. Basically let go of drumstick right as it hit floor tom, and that thing goes back up.

EDIT: (Account deleted again) :( I kept most of the videos I could to keep this thread filled with past videos but kinda forgot a couple. This one I just hit a floor tom and the stick went up and I caught it and was like "Whoa, cool."

By the way, the stack on the far right side of my kit is a 10" A Custom Splash on top of a MANGLED 16" A Custom Crash. It's interesting.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Photobucket video fail.

dave0549jv Guest

man, you've got some nifty chops.

Larrysperf Guest

Thank for sharing . This proves what you can do with practicing, and watching other drummers. Great chops man. And just cause there Pulse means nothing you have them sounding good

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys! Larry, I'm glad to hear that about the Pulse kit. I've done everything I can to get it sounding good.

Seriously, I really appreciate it. Like many of you, drumming is a passion. Something I hope to do for a living. (Yeah, I'm going against the words of Neil Peart. I read in a MD Interview once... "What would you tell somebody who is learning drums?" "I'd tell him to learn to sing.") Funny guy. Again, I appreciate the confidence booster. I'll keep videos coming for you guys. Tried to make one today, but I wasn't feeling it.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Got a new one for you guys. Filled with mistakes and such.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by IAmNotATable; 04-30-2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Found this one again! Put it back up. Embed sucks still, though.

User Info Menu

Good stuff, Maynard...

Don't know where that came from. Something we used to say as kids...

User Info Menu

Thanks! Maynard... Reminds me of Menards. I'm not sure if every state has those. Basically a Northern Home Depot. Hmm. Still baffled by that.

User Info Menu

Great job! I love the intricate stuff in the last video, plus the broken stick and the crashed crash!

User Info Menu

Thanks! Yeah, I gotta get you guys a picture of that crash. You guys probably all saw me throw it and just immediately pictured yourself stabbing me in the face. But if you saw the picture of the cymbal, you'd know it doesn't make a difference to throw it to the ground.

You'd just want to stab me in the face for doing that to it in the first place, instead. Who am I kidding. I'm a terrible father.