Thread: Drum Tips

User Info Menu

Default Drum Tips

Get rid of cumbersome mic stands and get yourself either claws or drum mic attachments that fit right onto the drum. This not only makes breakdown go a lot faster but your sound guy will thank you. Don't forget to label each one with a number (ex: Tom 1). This way you don't have to change the settings next time.

==========

DrumChat Member / Visitor Pro Tip:

Search all of DrumChat textually (in Archive format). This is a fast way to get tons of information quickly. TRY IT!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Tips

Does your butt ever get itchy and sweaty while playing? Yea, I know, it's kinda gross but it does happen often for some drummers. If you have this problem, there is actually a product on the market for it. The name is... wait for it.... "Anti-Monkey Butt" powder. (snicker) Hey, cyclists swear by this stuff!

User Info Menu

Drum Tips

Do you ever want to practice your beats and fills with a live band? Many don't know this but there are tons of cd's and dvds on the market now that feature music without drums. Pop that sucker in the player and jamm like there's no tomorrow! For even drum lessons and drum dvds, visit DrummerDVDs.com.

User Info Menu

I got the Turn It Up and Lay It Down series of CD's, but I had no idea that there were materials to help learn specific songs. I'll definitely be checking this out more. Thanks.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Ever heard of the Grombal? I don't think drummers truly get this unique drummer accessory. Although they're being promoted as "protecting your cymbals", the convenience factor can't be underestimated. When I tried these out, I was simply amazed at how much time it saved me in setting up. With the Grombals on your cymbals, you don't have to jack with the felt washers anymore. Because the Grombals stay on the cymbals the whole time, all you do is stick the cymbal on the stand, throw the wingnut on and you're done! And if you use the Quick Cymbal Fastener in conjunction with the Grombal, you're sittin' high on a hog. Your set up time is reduced even more.

User Info Menu

Always losing your drum key? Put it on your keychain! With the new quick-release drum key all you have to do is pop it off your keyring, tune your drums and pop it right back on. Easy to keep track of. - Simple and easy!

User Info Menu

One of the drawbacks to external muffling is that it tends to get in your way when you're drumming. From wallets to duct tape to sticky pads, they can be a bit annoying at times. Well now there's a simple little device called the Drum Clip. This thing just clips on to your snare or tom and you can slide it from side to side with ease. They make a larger one for the bass drum too!

User Info Menu

Have you ever dropped a stick while playing? It's something that happens to the best of us whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro. Well there's a new product on the market that's made right here in the good ole USA. It's called the Stick Ark and it attaches between the lugs on the bass drum. Simplistic in design, it packs a powerful punch in practicality. No more reaching for a stick. It's right there on top of your bass drum!