Thread: Yamaha drum trigger programming

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha drum trigger programming

Hey,

i recently bought a Yamaha DTExpressII kit for practising at home. I'm very impressed, but one small problem...

The Snare pad is a TP65S, which should be able to deliver 3 different voices, but I can't get it to hold more than one. Can anyone give me a tip to sort this out? I've read the manual from back to front but can't work it out

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha drum trigger programming

Hey jonnyb...your kit should come preloaded with pre-kits that already have the 3 zones loaded for the snare pad...more than likely (not too familiar with your module..I'll see if I can look up the manual)...your snares (on pre-kits) will be loaded with a main pad area snare sound and a cross stick and rim shot sound on the other two areas (on rim area - two areas denoted by a indented line that runs about half way round pad edge)...when you want to create user kit sounds you can select whole snare sounds (i.e., main pad area and both rims) via the input mode or you can select individual snare sounds (i.e., main pad area only if this area is selected [by tapping on it], rim area selected by tapping on it, etc..) by using the source mode.....also I have to ask...you are using a stereo cable for this pad, correct?

User Info Menu

Duhhh,

That's solved it!!
    Such a simple thing, i just set it up the way the guy before me had it, he must never have known that was a 3-way pad! Thanks for putting me straight!

User Info Menu

No problem....glad to help!