Thread: Need Advice

User Info Menu

Default Need Advice

Hey. I'm new here and need some advice from some drummers.

I've been playing drums for about a year now with the same old set, Its a beginner kit, its unbranded but decent for a starter set.

My parents have decided its for the best if i invest in a electric kit seeing as i dont play seriously, more for fun. Kinda like a hobby realy. Plus i live in a semi-detached house.

So can i get some advice for a decent/average electric kit around a budget of £400 (british pounds) thats around 600 american dollers.

Ive had a little look myself but i dont know alot about drumming, its all so confusing for someone like me with little to no drum knowlage

Thanks for your time and help. Ryan

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need Advice

Welcome to the forum R/J. I would suggest looking in the reviews forum or the e drum forum on here and do a search for the info you desire. F/T

User Info Menu

In that price range the best kit is the Yamaha DTXplorer. If you can go a little higher, then you might want to look at the Alesis DM10. The DTXplorer module is impressive for the price and the hardware is top notch. The Alesis DM10 has an amazing module for the price as well, certainly higher end than the DTXplorer, but the hardware is crappy (in my opinion).
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

+1 to what DLDante said.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you'll enjoy your stay
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Welcome to the DC. The only advise I have is for you to go to the nearest music store and see what they have and prices. This way you will learn the pros and cons of the E-kits. Test drive a few to see the difference as they are all similiar except for better or worst modules and hardware. Good luck.

User Info Menu

when im at home and have to be quiet i use a Alesis DM6 connect it to my computer and use Addictive Drums all and all you spend about 700 with drums and program and i use basic midi interface saying that there only good electronic drums is a the new Perl one or a td10 and up maybe a dm10 pro or a hart pro if you want to go for real cymbal feel and all real drum head feel

dave0549jv Guest

I'm rockin a dtxplorer myself, and I'm pretty happy with it. I'd recommend it.