Thread: Stretching

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Stretching

I've seen a few drummers do this really cool hand/wrist/arm stretch before they play where they fold their wrists in together and tuck them behind their head and pull them apart. I've also seen a guy use a drum stick as a sort of counter-lever on which to stretch out his wrists. What stretches do you guys recommend before playing? Are there videos of these things?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stretching

i like to use my sticks ,as you mentioned above , then i drum on my leg for a few min ,, then if we are playing somewhere that i can get by myself,i like to jump rope ,nothing gets your blood flowing like jumping rope .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

I just stretch my wrists by turning them and pulling on my hands a little bit to get the blood flowing, but honestly for a good warmup just play on something soft for a minute.. Forces you to use all the muscles and get some blood flowing.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

I might start stretching my calves before/after I start playing. I've pulled them like 20x since I got into metal drumming.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.