Thread: 3 zone cympal on dtxtreme iii

User Info Menu

Default 3 zone cympal on dtxtreme iii

good evening to all forum-m8s!!

hello and greeting for the forum as it is my first post )

i just bought my dtxtreme iii set standar.
    i would like to know if i can assign on a cymbal 2 differents sounds

especially i want to assign on an edge a crash and on the bow a china sound.
    is it possible?

thanks you in advance

kolossos from rhodos-greece

User Info Menu

Default Re: 3 zone cympal on dtxtreme iii

Welcome to Drum Chat Kolossos!

I can't really help you with your question, but I am sure their are plenty of e-kit guys that will be along soon.

Again, welcome.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

welcome ! You can use any sound on any trigger and the 3 way is 3 seperate triggers ! I have a bow bell and then a china on the edge on a roland cy 15
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

i try to do it on my dtx while i setuped my own set-sound but couldn't save it.......

maybe i should fix a different cymbal sound that has 3 sounds on, save it as "kolossos" for example and then add it on my drum kit.

User Info Menu

What are your settings for the cymbal? The sensitivity might be too far down and it's missing hits. If you only need two sounds, i'd leave the third trigger off or blank on that particular cymbal. Did you check to make sure the sounds are correctly assigned?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kolossos View Post
    i try to do it on my dtx while i setuped my own set-sound but couldn't save it.......

maybe i should fix a different cymbal sound that has 3 sounds on, save it as "kolossos" for example and then add it on my drum kit.
    Hey Kolossos!...welcome to the forum...yes I believe you can assign different sounds to a cymbal's three zones...however, you will have to do this in the "source" mode (SF5)...the "source" mode allows you to select different zones on a cymbal (by simply tapping the affected area on cymbal [i.e., bell, bow, edge])...the "input" (also SF2...you scroll between source and input via this button) mode will assign all three zones for a specific cymbal that you choose...this is all done in the voice edit mode (F2)...when you save your changes they will need to be saved as a user kit..your drumset has 50 user kit spaces available, that can be accessed anytime (once saved)...you can also save user kits as external kits via a usb device (you can save hundreds this way)...do you have the DIMM memory for your module bought and loaded yet?...if not I would recommend getting it...as you will not be able to download the free kits Yamaha, Ocean Way drums & Steven Slate drums has for your module without it....any questions feel fre to ask......and hopefully I did not confuse you too much.....