Thread: Mapex Janus double kick system

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Janus double kick system

A while ago I bought the Mapex Janus Double Kick pedals with the hi-hat stand attached. It's a pretty handy system that uses only the one pedal for both hi-hat and left kick, switching between the two vie a rotating pedal - left is hi-hat, right is kick. Looks like this (assuming this link works properly)

Anway, I was wondering if anyone know enough about this pedal to advise on the best way to set it up - i find the left pedal is really hard to use for kick because I can't get it loose enough, or rebounding enough. If i try and reset the system, it throws out the alignment for the switch between hi-hat and kick, and I can't go back and forth the way I'm supposed to. Any advice would be great - thank you

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Janus double kick system

OLA I own Mapes SaTurns I love these DRUMS anyways
    How Do these Feel Mapex Janus double kick system .I love the idea.

User Info Menu

this one looks a really nice patent
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

i have the dw version. its a little different and has 2 pedals. one for the hats and the other switches between left kick slave and cowbell/accsessory pedal.

i havnt played the mapex but have seen greg bissonette use it.

User Info Menu

I now it's childish, but doesn't it bother you that is has the word 'anus' in it?
    That's all I would be able to think of when I played it.

User Info Menu

I now it's childish, but doesn't it bother you that is has the word 'anus' in it?
    That's all I would be able to think of when I played it.
    Lol
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Exclamation

I think as you play that left side bass pedal & switch it back & forth it will wear in & be alot easier to play. Thinking of getting one of these myself.
    Dave Huffman

User Info Menu

I have always wondered what drummers have thought of that system. it looks like it you be great at reducing clutter around your feet but it also looks like it would be more cumbersome than it is worth trying to switch back and forth between high hat and foot pedal. Also you state that the feel is not to your liking as well huh, It looks so promising as a system. I hope you are able to sort it out.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Janus double kick system

I've owned it for many years now and I've gotten used to the lack of rebound from the left pedal. It is very unresponsive in this matter, but once you get used to it you can still pound out some fast beats... but the slave pedal is always going to hit weaker than the main one.

I like it... if they would have done a double-cam system like the Trick V-1 pedals, this would have solved the issue about the pedal not lining up correctly if you try to adjust it to get more rebound.

Basically, you can't adjust the left pedal because then the switching-system doesn't work or 'align' correctly. There is a definite engineering flaw here... but like I said. I still use them and i've gotten used to the left pedal.
    Mapex Saturn Pro , Natural Finish
    Janus Hi-Hat
    Aquarian II batter side

Please remove the spaces below to visit our website!
    http://reverbnation.com/thehitchc o c kcurse