Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Drum Chat Newbie Initiation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    ddrumbum,

I too have a set of ddrums that I tenderly play (OK, as a newbie, I guess I'm still pounding away, but I'm hopeful), and I desire to make sensuous tones that inspire myself and others to make a joyful noise for the Lord. Now don't get me wrong, because I have a great respect and love for what you do, but I admit that I am having just a little trouble with the image of you eating oatmeal while dressed in lingerie! :-) God bless, brother.

That brought tears to my eyes, seriously that was so funny, welcome aboard

User Info Menu

Thanks, ddrumbum.

User Info Menu

From the darkest depts of the lord overmind comes a creature from the black abyss never before seen by human eyes. What is it. Where does it come from. The evil presence lingers beating at the collected foes skulls forming a chleric ring around a single throne. What is this evil doing, What do they call this evil presence.... Drummer. Lord of all that is beatage. And great master of sensual desires in wearing lingerie. This tender yet evil overloard Shall slay thou who enters his tomb unless thy first cometh beckoning a fresh bowl of....... Oatmeal!

(I seriously could make a short story about all of you :S
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie Initiation

Stevo, awesome job...and wait'll you've been here a while!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

* tender
    * lingerie
    * desire
    * sensual
    * oatmeal

okay here goes this ones for you colonel

I hear the tender sound of lightning hitting congas, bongos, and djembes. It's the sound of the one and only bongobro hittin' away at his hand percussion. Oh! how i desire to listen to his sensual sounds in person. and to look at his line of lingerie at the same time. all the while i'm eatin' oatmel and reading batman comics.
    thank you!
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Well done, Ringo! I'm sure you've made Bongobro proud. Shoot, he may even blush just a little bit. LOL

User Info Menu

lol shame the blusher shame him.... make him imbarrased and go redder!!! Til his head pops.....

Like a zit :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

I'll write one about Pastor Bob because he was kind enough to post first in my thread!

This man treats his drums with such tender care. In comparison, one might say he treats it with the same care as others treat lingerie. Unfortunately, this is false, as drumming is much more of a desire to him as the sensual feeling of lingerie. But then again, that comparison is as consistent as oatmeal.

Argh! Those were hard words!

User Info Menu

Good job Ethel The Frog! Yeah, they're tough words to put together. Think about how hard it was for a pastor to work with all those words! You did me proud! Welcome to the DrumChat family! I look forward to many chats with you. You'll find many awesome people in here, besides me, of course!

User Info Menu

Lol that was great..... your officially one of us....

Sorry.

I mean congrats! :P
    Roland TD 30KV
    Paiste PST5's

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

So, I'm a newbie...and stories I have, but juiciness is surely in the eye (or other anatomical part) of the beholder!
    Mature rockin' Ludwiggy (but wigless, by avatar and pic!!)
    Drums: Ludwig
    Cymbals: Zildjian A Custom
    Heads: Remo Pinstripe and Evans
    Band: Snapshot

User Info Menu

And I hear and see that Bongogro works in radio. We no doubt could share some war stories. We must have been seriously bad in a past life!!

User Info Menu

Sorry Bongobro. I got the spelling right this time....

User Info Menu

OK - I'll play....
    Oatmeal for practice energy, but who left their lingerie draped on my 24 inch? Tender is the sensual and muffled eighth-note triplet on a ride cymbal named desire.

User Info Menu

Way to go, Clipper! Oh, and I'm sorry the lingerie must have been mine.

You're now a full fledged member of DrumChat. Have fun with the crazies (BTW, the would be all of us).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Drummer:
    I desire to be a regular member of this fine message board of tender and understanding drummers. Yet, I find it hard to believe that certain members of this august body play their instruments attired simply in see-through lingerie. It must be the sensual silkiness against there skin or, perhaps, it is the freedom they feel while playing. Nevertheless, while I sit here eating my daily intake of oatmeal (it keeps me regular), I respectfully request inclusion in this unique and special society.

Sincerely,
    Stix

grasslander Guest

As I awake, my 6 feet and 300 pounds draped in the most sensual silk lingerie, my thoughts become very tender, as I imagine cooking you oatmeal, and whatever else you may desire. Okay, not great, but I did it! Add a long curly beard to the image, and you'll really laugh.

User Info Menu

Stix, grasslander, well done. And grasslander, I didn't need the long curly beard image, I've already got the 6', 300 lb man in lingerie image burned into my brain! Got . . . to . . . get . . . it . . . out! Aghhhhhhhh!!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

just listen to the new white stripes album
    the fact that meg white still sucks will take your mind off of it.
    Ostinato is the way to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo
    just listen to the new white stripes album
    the fact that meg white still sucks will take your mind off of it.

LOL

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie Initiation

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob
    Stix, grasslander, well done. And grasslander, I didn't need the long curly beard image, I've already got the 6', 300 lb man in lingerie image burned into my brain! Got . . . to . . . get . . . it . . . out! Aghhhhhhhh!!!!
    No...no...must...get away...must run... please! no! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHhhhhh....

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

No....
    What do ya call a drummer whos girlfriend just broke up with him???

Homeless.

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie initiation

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper058
    And I hear and see that Bongogro works in radio. We no doubt could share some war stories. We must have been seriously bad in a past life!!
    Hey, clipper, you ought to see what they do with my real name!

At various times I've done talk shows, DJ shows, commercials, etc. ... I've even gotten away with playin' my drums on the air ... once!!! Lately I've been the webmaster at our station site.

check it out at http://www.wgnu.net !

Charlie

User Info Menu

Hey BB, is that a Christian radio station, or did I happen to tap the live feed during a Christian radio hour? In any case, it's always cool to hear Christian radio, IMHO!

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie Initiation...

WGNU is like two stations in one. During the day (5A-8P M-F) we have an assortment of talk programs (including Dr. Laura); 8 pm-overnight and on weekends, we have an assortment of gospel music programs and sermons.

Maybe I can update our newbie initiation with this...

If you desire talk radio that isn't as boring as day-old oatmeal...with personalities whose voices range from the sensual to the silly, on topics that cover the issues that matter most to you while revealing the unexpected like the sheerest lingerie...without irritating the most tender minded young listeners...bongobro recommends visiting his day job at WGNU Radio...

(he even gets to play the drums now and then on the air...although I don't talk on the air as much as I used to...)

Charlie