Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,351 to 1,371 of 1371

Thread: Drum Chat Newbie Initiation

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chat Newbie Initiation

Well done BeatMonster! Consider yourself officially initiated!! Now, all you have to do is go get your super secret drumchat decoder ring. It's just down the hall, past the drummer's lounge on the left. You'll see a secret door with a sign in huge letters that says, GET YOUR SECRET DECODER RING HERE! (ask for pastor bob.

Oh and BTW - Some advice I give to all newbies here.... Don't forget to
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Whatever, here goes nothing:

I love you, drummer, because of the way you eat your tender oatmeal with such desire in your sensual ilngerie.

User Info Menu

Hello my dearest Drum Chick.
    I Have a longing desire to listen to your tender drum songs while you are wearing lingerie. This would be the ultimate sensual pleasure. You would not want to listen to my drum songs because that would turn your ears and brains into oatmeal.
    Yours truly, ORD
    Last edited by Old returning drummer; 03-15-2015 at 11:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Okay...Ugh...Haha So drummer is awesome due his tender drumming style, he is so good in fact that Women often buy lingerie to wear at his concerts. They have a big desire to hear him play that sensual music. People had compared his drumming to the smoothness of Oatmeal. I'm trying not to crack up.
    "Now you're singing with a swing"

User Info Menu

Markadiddle I have been dreaming of your tender embrace, and have a strong desire for you to finally see me in my special lingerie Afterwards we can enjoy a very sensual oatmeal massage.(great way to exfoliate)

User Info Menu

Haahaahahahahahahahaahhaaha
    Signature here

User Info Menu

BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!

TheMarsh, consider yourself officially initiated!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Well, alrighty then, how does a noob approach this thread when he just joined ???

I picked tender Alexis, because I like her name. I wonder if she'll model her lingerie while I play ? I desire to be a great drummer ! I promise I will be sensual when I play. Perhaps I will be so sensual she will make me some oatmeal.

User Info Menu

Dear Drummer,
    While eating my oatmeal I was flipping through the current lssue of 'Tender Lingerie'. That's where I saw your ad for "sensual drum lessons". I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I do desire to be a better drummer. So I want to prove my love to you by taking lessons.
    Butch
    Last edited by butchm68; 08-24-2015 at 07:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Drum chick sounds sensual and like someone I might desire more than my oatmeal or my drum set. My fingers are quite tender from practicing so when I finish playing and after 43 years of marriage, I use my wife's old lingerie to cover my set...

User Info Menu

Well done guys! These are hilarious! Welcome to DrumChat and thanks for playing!

On a serious note, we've got a great bunch of down-to-earth and friendly drummers here. You can always ask questions or make comments here without fear of the intimidation or bullying that you sometimes get on other forums. DrumChat is known for it's friendliness.

Welcome again!

User Info Menu

tender
    lingerie
    desire
    sensual
    oatmeal
    I ws asked to use tender, lingerie, desire, sensual and oatmeal in a sentence.
    I had a tender desire to place my grandmother's sensual lingerie catalog under my kitchen table to keep my bowl of oatmeal from wobbling. and you should have read the ideas that didn't make it onto this post......Phew!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eveningbreezez View Post
    tender

I ws asked to use tender, lingerie, desire, sensual and oatmeal in a sentence.
    I had a tender desire to place my grandmother's sensual lingerie catalog under my kitchen table to keep my bowl of oatmeal from wobbling. and you should have read the ideas that didn't make it onto this post......Phew!
    Too funny! Welcome EBEZ!

User Info Menu

I awoke to the smell of chicken tenders cooking in the oven. I smiled a bit and went to roll over--but something was wrong. My eyes snapped open, surveying the scene around me. A shapely woman clad in lingerie sat eating oatmeal opposite me, grinning wildly and talking to herself between bites. I went to stand up but I realized I was chained and padlocked around the waist to a drum throne--and there was a gorgeous bubinga kit in front of me, with a full set of turkish K's.

"Ahh, you've awoken!" SpazApproved exclaims as he saunters into the room, starting at me sensually. "Now we shall play a game," he explains casually, his previous glimpse of desire gone completely. "You shall play the drums and wow me with a solo....OR DIE TRYING!" He exclaims with a cackle as he pulls back a curtain to reveal the shiny keen blade of a guillotine above my head.

"Now get started, heehee!" he said as he swung a giant hourglass on it's end.
    "You have until the time runs out to impress me!"

I know I cheated a bit by making it more than one paragraph, but I couldn't help it. Also, sorry Spaz but I keep seeing you in the threads I've been viewing and you're a fellow car enthusiast and PDP drum owner so I had to use you for this haha

User Info Menu

Hi I play drums. Nice to meet you.
    Sonor Delite 22-10-13-16
    Prolite snare 14x6
    Zildjian Cymbals

Gretsch Brooklyn 22-10-12-14-16
    Hendrix Walnut Stave snare 14x6
    Sabian HHX Evolution Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm Ace View Post
    Hi I play drums. Nice to meet you.
    Hello Rhythm Ace, and welcome to the best drum forum on the interweb!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by themarsh View Post
    markadiddle i have been dreaming of your tender embrace, and have a strong desire for you to finally see me in my special lingerie Afterwards we can enjoy a very sensual oatmeal massage.(great way to exfoliate)

hahahaha........
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

So I have to tell you about a dream I had about Powertrip240. We went out to a fancy restaurant to fulfil our insatiable desire for meat. Our taste-buds watered as the waitress took our order in an outfit that could easily have passed for lingerie. She came back to the table and delivered the most tender loin of beef you have ever tasted. It had an oatmeal crust almost sensual in its delicate flavouring and unusual texture. It was a perfect metaphor for the love that exists between us – mostly melt in the mouth but sometimes a bit crusty around the edges.

User Info Menu

Let's revive this fun thread. SEND ALL NEW MEMBERS HERE

3059_135068129530.jpg

User Info Menu

To my dearest Bish,
    This whole lockdown business has really put things into perspective for me,as well as reigniting old,long forgotten desire.
    Your tender words have inspired many sensual moments spent sat behind my old,beige ( some would call it oatmeal) coloured practice kit and I now look to you for advice on explaining to my wife why I now have to rehearse wearing her lingerie.
    Yours,as always, TubThumper.

User Info Menu

Hey Folks, Stumbled upon this thread. It goes way back the Insanity of Today. I introduced myself when I registered a few weeks ago. Am I Newbie? In a way, Yes!! I'm 71 YO, retired in May 2021 (I had to because of Spinal Disabilities/ Arthritis that plagued me for many years), who Resurrected playing Drums again after 50 Years [1969]. I started playing in 1967, at age 16. Bit by the Rock and Roll Bug (Ringo, Charlie Watts, and Dino Dinelli) and the "feeling" to play Drums. Took maybe 8-10 lessons at the local Music / Record shop in Flushing, Queens, NY, I stll have my original Oak Drum sticks (with Nylon Tips) and a Remo Practice Pad!. I teamed up with two other HS buddies who had begun playing Guitar and after I bought my one and only Drum Set (Don't remember which brand) from the Music Store for maybe $50-75 (?), put it in one guy's basement (me and the other guy lived in an apartment with our parents) where we could practice. One guy was a little "Corny" - so the first song we were able to play was Tammy!! AAAAAHHHH. Then other songs flowed: In The Midnight Hour, My Girl, I Gotta Get Outta This Place, Do You Love Me, Gloria, and other more contemporary hits. Then Cream Arrived on the scene! To me Ginger Baker was The Man (of course, as a drummer, watching Buddy Rich on The Tonight Show was a spectacular session that Mesmerized). We Played I'm So Glad! We never made it out of the basement to play any Gigs. Then HS graduation (June 1969) hit. We continued to play that summer and then started to drift apart. I started College, the other guys did not. The drums were sold. I began dating my wife of 48 Years that fall. But The beat is In YOU !! Always tapped on tables, watched Drummers in concerts, TV, and always listened to the drum parts of any Music. Played "Air Drums" in the car, etc. Tyen the years passed..... Marriage, Kids, Houses & Mortgages, etc. As I was approaching retirement years, in 2018, I mentioned to my wife that I had a Hankering to beat on the Drums...."I'll go to a local Music Studio to beat on their drums to get it out of my System". That Xmas, she gifted me a Cheapo Gammon Drum Kit (we used call them Drumsets). After a couple of months, I set them up and started to play in my finished Basement. Lots of Rust to shake Off for sure. Played to MY Music on a Boombox. So, precisely after 50 years, I was Playing again! I then started to embark on gaining more knowledge of the instrument. I knew nothing of Drum Heads, Drum Tuning, and other nuances of the Drums. I watched You Tube channels and reviews, etc. In 2021, after seeing how much my 4 year old grandson liked to play each time he visited, I gave the Gammon Kit to him and bought USED, a PDP Concept Maple 6 Drum Kit. Then began experimenting with different Batter heads, learning more amount Tuning and buying better Cymbal sets, and a couple of accessory Snares, here I am. I play about 1 hour day, and don't really practice any extra. I'm certainly no Carl Palmer, Bonham, Moon, Baker, Gaad, or Copeland, but I can keep up with Kenny Aronoff, Watts, Ringo (who was very Musical and underrated), Springsteen's Drummer, Petty's Drummer too (to an extent).

One Big Lesson I have learned is that the "sounds"