Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Drum Chat Newbie Initiation

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Oh, and RD, those Sponge Bob boxers are mine!
    This has the potential of getting ugly....... LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Oh, and RD, those Sponge Bob boxers are mine!
    Yeah, I thought that was your signature skid mark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris View Post
    ROFLOLPIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

OK, I guess I left myself wide open for that one! Good to have you back in the Chat RD!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Holy skid marks batman?
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Wow...

User Info Menu

Hahaha! Like I said, I'm liking this place more and more! Drummers are cool people! LOL
    At least I'll never be bored in here...
    In truth, Rock music is the most pure and honest art form ever born.

Realx... I'm a drummer...
    Girl Drummers are Amazing!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerGirl* View Post
    Hahaha! Like I said, I'm liking this place more and more! Drummers are cool people! LOL
    At least I'll never be bored in here...
    We are the best people. No really, look it up.

User Info Menu

Cool Newbie Initiation

I'm tellin' ya, we're not only a cool bunch of drummers, but we're also a cool bunch of writers!!!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Hi

I’m new to DrumChat but not at all new to drumming. I’m 58 and have been playing since 1964 when Mom & Dad bought me my first kit. A 4 piece Slingerland in white pearl. Sure wish I kept that kit. As for the forum I am a member of several but just found this one this week. It looks like a good one to belong to.
    I’ve owned Slingerland (still do), Pearl, & Tama kits but right now my show kit is a 6 piece Red Cherry Liquor Gretsch Catalina Birch kit that is without a doubt the best kit I’ve owned. The Catalina Birch may have sold in a price range of an intermediate kit but the quality of this kit is professional in every aspect. Beautiful sounding with a flawless finish. The bearing edges on all the drums where perfect. I also own a 1981 seven piece Slingerland kit that I played as my primary kit until three years ago when I treated myself to the “That Great Gretsch Sound”. My Slingerland kit is now set up as a 5 piece kit in our practice room.
    I play most every weekend in a classic rock / country band in the Shenandoah Valley of Va. The band is the “Just 4 Fun” Band and you can check us out at http://www.j4fmusic.com.

The kit picture is from one of the Halloween jobs we played last week. Oh yea the snare is a Gretsch custom maple drum

Richard
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

ill get around to it >.<

Mister, would you please help my pony?
    He's over there lookin' at me
    He can't talk because he's a pony

User Info Menu

ZJ, welcome to Drum Chat! I look forward to your initiation paragraph! Laugh a little, and enjoy the Chat! You'll find lots of great people around here.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

At the TENDER young age of 8, I met a beautiful creature. It sat in the bedroom of my new friend, John's house... Near his sisters LINGERIE. I had never seen such a amazing site... chrome, steel, brass... my heart raced with DESIRE.

I asked my friend John if I could sit behind this incredible creation... He slowly lifted his eyes from a warm bowl of OATMEAL, and said, "sure dude, just dont break anything."

From that moment on... I began a life long, sweet, sincere and SENSUAL relationship with drums.

Matt;-)
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

Nice Vegas, Welcome to Drum Chat. We're glad to have you here!

User Info Menu

Way to go Matt! You are officially one of the family (crazies) - for better or worse! LOL

User Info Menu

So I'm guessing that this is the thread where I should post numerous, meaningless babblings to increase my count?

One day I hope to attain the status of - gasp - established chatter.
    No, I still won't play Wipe Out.

User Info Menu

Here are the rules for this thread, that Drummer created.

Pick a member of drum chat and write a paragraph telling them how much you love them. You must use the following words:

tender
    lingerie
    desire
    sensual
    oatmeal

And here's the real challenge: You've got to keep it clean!

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDrummer69 View Post
    At the TENDER young age of 8, I met a beautiful creature. It sat in the bedroom of my new friend, John's house... Near his sisters LINGERIE. I had never seen such a amazing site... chrome, steel, brass... my heart raced with DESIRE.

I asked my friend John if I could sit behind this incredible creation... He slowly lifted his eyes from a warm bowl of OATMEAL, and said, "sure dude, just dont break anything."

From that moment on... I began a life long, sweet, sincere and SENSUAL relationship with drums.

Matt;-)
    VIVA VEGAS! Great one, bro'!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

uh...Hi...Im luciddrummer212

Technically im not a newbie here but i figured through the rules of nirvanna i should post a non dirty story about lingerie.

uhm...I like lingerie...it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I dont really like to wear it...never wore it before....but uhhh yea...lingerie...its cool...colors are nice...specially red....sooo uhhh yea...keep that in mind

LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

Ok so I'm posting twice cuz I couldn't find this thread. I'm Nate 21 I live is Austin tx. Nothing facy just like making noise with sticks and drums

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinSBR View Post
    Ok so I'm posting twice cuz I couldn't find this thread. I'm Nate 21 I live is Austin tx. Nothing facy just like making noise with sticks and drums
    Awesome! Great to have you Austin... but you gotta go to the first post of this thread, and follow the directions! It's fun for all. You'll love this place!
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Well to be honest kryshah its sort of a tender subject, I hate announcing myself on strange boards

I guess thats right? I'm confused as to how this thread works

User Info Menu

Eh, it's ok buddy... this board will quickly become familiar... It'll all come to you... It's a simple setup, very utilitarian.
    Last edited by Kryshah; 11-19-2007 at 05:34 PM.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    If you've been sent here, you need to be inititiated into DRUM CHAT.
    (Don't worry, it's harmless.)

Pick a member of drum chat and write a paragraph telling them how much you love them. You must use the following words:

• tender
    • lingerie
    • desire
    • sensual
    • oatmeal

And here's the real challenge: You've got to keep it clean!
    Nate, that's how the "newbie challenge" works. If you need some ideas, just scan through some of the earlier posts and use your imagination...nothing to worry about!

(P.S.: As you may already have figured out, I like makin' noise with my hands and my hand drums...)

Charlie

User Info Menu

Default Newbie Initiation

Hey drummer I love ya for that recent post about your desire to give away a real sensous dinner to all the newbies. I would especially like a medium tender filet with a side of light lingerie cut sauteed onions, followed by a side dish of oatmeal or grits. lookin forward to the cheque in the mail.
    cheers
    RIFF