Thread: Drum pedal

User Info Menu

Default Drum pedal

Hey guys I just got my new kit, and apart from the crap job I've done on tuning the kit since it's the first time I've ever tuned a whole kit.... My Bass pedal, when I hit it, it hits then again... then again... Even if I put all my weight onto it it still rebounds more than I want it too. Do I need to tune my bass head looser or tighter, Tighten the springs on the pedal? Get a new beater or what? As you can tell I'm a noob :P Hahaha

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum pedal

With out seeing what you have I would suggest trying to adjust the tension on the pedal first to see if that makes a difference.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

It's a stock pedal that came with my Ddrum D2 kit, How do you upload photos from your computer to here? Cause then I could show you

User Info Menu

JD, Its probably not the pedal. There is a number of things you can do. I would start by putting a couple of large pillows in your bass drum. Make sure you lay it in there against the batter head. This should prevent the pedal bounce that you are experiencing. Good luck !

User Info Menu

Thanks I'll try that! :D

User Info Menu

Replacing the batter head with an Evans EMAD head will help as well...plus you will like the sound it gives the kick drum. As was mentioned earlier, try re-adjusting the pedal tension...I would try a looser tension at first to see the effect. Also, re-adjusting the beater height to a lower height should also help.
    As for muffling in the bass drum goes...personally I would take a piece of 1" thick high density foam cut about 30 inches long and just wide enough to not quite touch either head and place it inside the bottom of your kick drum. This will reduce the overall volume of the drum slightly, plus tone down the harmonic ring and give it a more focused thud while still allowing a bit of sustain. You can purchase this foam from any auto or furniture upholstery shop, for not a lot of cash.
    Last edited by Warren Wright; 08-31-2010 at 02:24 PM.
    Yamaha Oak Custom 22x17 with Brass Kick Port, Brass Hoop Claws,10-12-14 racks, 16 Floor and all toms have Brass Hoops and a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite 14x6.5 snare in Quilted Mocha Burst and Black Nickel hardware. All hi-end Zildjian Cymbals - K Dark Thin crashes & splashes, a Zildjian A crash & a Meinl 16" crash, Avedis Zildjian 1964 ride, K Custom hats plus New Beat hats on Closed X-Hat.

If a Man offends thee - - give each of his children a Drum~~~!!!

User Info Menu

Awesome, thanks guys (: I'll do all this over time then

User Info Menu

Actually I shortened the length of the beater and adjusted the springs and it worked! :D
    J-D

User Info Menu

your getting a double hit cause your front head is not ported, if you port it that will probably fix it.

i have no ports, i had the same problem, but i have learned to control and now prefer the sound of no port

i have tested both ways, just put a 6in or so hole in it