Thread: DTXPRESS IV Special Set V2 users: Cymbal info

User Info Menu

Default DTXPRESS IV Special Set V2 users: Cymbal info

Where do you plug in your third cymbal at? Does it trigger all three zones? Sense I am having to buy some new stuff I might as well go all the way.

Thanks,
    DAVE

User Info Menu

Default Re: DTXPRESS IV Special Set V2 users: Cymbal info

Yes. the cymbal input will trigger all three zones

User Info Menu

Thanks for that, but that wiring is for a Standard IV. The Special has an extra crash cymbal and I don't see where you plug it in at.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Asattwanger View Post
    Thanks for that, but that wiring is for a Standard IV. The Special has an extra crash cymbal and I don't see where you plug it in at.
    There's a plug behind the kick trigger and no, it is not three-zone. Only the ride and primary crash are.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DLDante View Post
    There's a plug behind the kick trigger and no, it is not three-zone. Only the ride and primary crash are.
    Really? Even with the new PCY135? Only one zone?
    Yamaha:
    "Pad Controller and 3-zone PadsYamaha's 3-zone snare, ride cymbal, and crash pads are designed to produce up to three different voices, each from a different part of the pad. The snare pad in the Special Set is designed with a pad controller that gives you control over parameters like snare adjustment, pitch, etc., giving you playability that comes extremely close to that of an acoustic drum."
    Last edited by late8; 09-01-2010 at 02:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Really? Even with the new PCY135? Only one zone?
    I've got the DTX500, which is just the DTXpress IV with a different case and support for the DTX pads, and the manual states that the plug behind the kick is single-zone. Only three-zones are snare, crash, and ride. Dual zones are hi-hat and the toms.

Since the toms only use one of the two zones, I'm thinking you could split them to make a 2-zone crash if you really wanted to. Not sure how you'd make use of the third zone though since the three zone cymbals only use one stereo wire.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I was wondering about this. I knew the kick had the extra jack I didn't know if there was something special about the pcy155 that offered an extra jack or what the deal was. Strange only one trigger I guess that they don't offer another cymbal that matches the look that is a single. Plus I'm sure the cost is really low for Yamaha to make these.

DAVE