Thread: Anyone ever heard of the E-ED001 by Singing Machine?

User Info Menu

Default Anyone ever heard of the E-ED001 by Singing Machine?

I'm really looking for a beginner set around $250 and came across the E-ED001 by singing machine. Has anyone heard anything about this model or brand? I looked online and really couldn't find anything. Thanks guys

Here's some info on it

Product Specifications:

4 Drum Pads, 3 Cymbals Pads, 1 Kick Trigger, 1 Hi-Hat Control Pedal with Half Open Feature
    215 Voices
    20 Preset Kits, 10 User Kits
    40 Preset Songs
    Controls: Power Switch, Start/Sop, Save, Kit, Voice/Volume, Song/Volume, Drum Off, Click, Hi-Hat, Crash Ride, Hi-Hat Control, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Kick, Volume +/-, Tempo/Tap
    Connectors: Midi Out, Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Ride, Crash, Hi-Hat Control, Kick, Aux.In, Output (L/Mone & R), Power Jack
    Head Phone
    Frame
    folding Stool (most other seller will not include this) Save$$$
    Drum Sticks

Connections:

MIDI OUT
    Hi-hat control
    Hi-hat
    Crash
    Ride
    Snare
    Tom 1
    Tom 2
    Tom 3
    Kick
    Output (R & L/MONO)
    Aux in
    Headphones

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone ever heard of the E-ED001 by Singing Machine?

Welcome to Drum Chat johnnyham89!

Before I say anything else, let me say that no one here will knock any kit, because we all understand budgets. Having said that, be careful not to get something too "beginnerish" because a mistake that many beginning musicians make is to get a really cheap instrument, and then they get frustrated because they aren't progressing well enough. many times, it's not the ability of the player that is lacking, it is the insrtument itself that is holding the player back. Now, as I said, I understand the concept of fitting the purchase into a budget, and if that is simply all that a budget allows, then that has to be factored in too, and starting somewhere is better than not starting at all.

The kit in the pic is definitely entry level. Is it used? If so, be careful in evaluating it. Make sure it still has plenty of life left in it.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm going to highly recommend you stay away from that thing. If you are serious about drumming, you will grow to hate this set in a very short period of time. I've not played this particular set, but all these super-low-end e-kits have the same rebranded hardware and lousy module.

If you're really locked into a $250 budget, I'd recommend browsing eBay for older model Yamaha kit. Even with it's age it will be way better than this thing.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

I have the set,it sounds decent for the price but its a bit unreliable and the cymbals are pretty bad,id stay away and look in the used market.
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Spot #68

In Soviet Russia,sticks break you!

User Info Menu

If you're really locked into that price range, I'd say go for it. I'm not a big fan of certain "beginner" ekits, because of the poor quality. But as long as you remember "you get what you pay for" you shouldn't be disappointed.

That being said, I agree 110% with going the used route. I keep a close eye craigslist and ebay, and you can easily get an ekit for $400-$500. Look for brands like Yamaha, Roland, Alesis, and Simmons.

With the state of the economy right now, there are LOTS of deals out there.

Good luck in your search!

Gretsch catalina maple in cherry red (fusion)
    Zildjian -18" ZBT crash
    14" ZBT crash
    20" ZBT ride
    Sabian -14" B8 hats
    Dream - 10" splash
    LP jam block
    Meinl tambourine
    Remo roto toms

Evans heads:
    toms-frosted EC2 SST
    snare-coated power center reverse dot
    bass-clear EMAD w/large ring

Ludwig hardware
    Pacific HH stand
    Pork Pie Big Boy Bicycle Throne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clrizz View Post
    If you're really locked into that price range, I'd say go for it. I'm not a big fan of certain "beginner" ekits, because of the poor quality. But as long as you remember "you get what you pay for" you shouldn't be disappointed.

That being said, I agree 110% with going the used route. I keep a close eye craigslist and ebay, and you can easily get an ekit for $400-$500. Look for brands like Yamaha, Roland, Alesis, and Simmons.

With the state of the economy right now, there are LOTS of deals out there.

Good luck in your search!
    +1

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill