Thread: help on a 16 beat

User Info Menu

Exclamation help on a 16 beat

i need to know if there is an easier why to do a 16 beat on bass either if its the way i sit or something bc its a pain in the *** so all tips are welcome someone help me

User Info Menu

u mean like just straight 16th's....double pedal man....

User Info Menu

yeah i agree with utopia... i just got a double pedal and 16th notes are a breeze now
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkPlusAngels
    yeah i agree with utopia... i just got a double pedal and 16th notes are a breeze now

Sweeeeeet!!! Enjoy!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

i have a double bass but its still a pain any other suggestions q

Quote Originally Posted by nyph
    i need to know if there is an easier why to do a 16 beat on bass either if its the way i sit or something bc its a pain in the *** so all tips are welcome someone help me

User Info Menu

With respect, it sounds to me like you don't want to work for it. If you want to get good, you're going to have to put in the time my friend.

User Info Menu

if thats it theres no problem i was wondering about posture and other things but im good know so thanx everyone

User Info Menu

You could experiment with your heel up or your heel down to see which style you can play faster with.

or if tour to lazy go with the double bass pedal

User Info Menu

try using the heel/toe method it helps me get easy 16th notes heres a website with a little video on it
    http://drummerworld.com/Clinic/Derrick_Pope3.html
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

Question 16th beats on kick drum

First of all, Are you talking doing 16th's on one or two feet, What's the tempo?Does it reqiure two feet?, or one. I, know that it is all about balance. Do you feel better executing these notes sitting higher on the throne, or lower? Let me know how you make out on this.

Drumhound

User Info Menu

Default Pedal Tension

It's my belief that many set the spring on their pedal too tight, thinking that quick return equals more speed. Actually, you can get more speed with less tension.