Thread: Who uses Cubase?

User Info Menu

Default Who uses Cubase?

just starting to jump right into recording and was wondering who on this forum uses this software, seems fairly easy to navigate.

the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Mapex Pro M Rock, w/ medium A customs, Mastersounds hats, Aquarian Super Kick II, Remo Pinstripes, gilded w/IRON COBRA double pedal

Private in PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

Default Re: Who uses Cubase?

I do not use it personally but know it. It is very intuitive and the best part about it it the track count is indefinite, meaning you can add as many tracks as you like until your computer craps out. Pro tools LE only allows 48. Reaper is another good interface. I will use pro tools and then use rewire on Reaper and run then side by side which then will allow an indefinite track count not that one needs that many often.
    Last edited by nucjd; 09-05-2010 at 08:17 PM.

User Info Menu

I have used Cubase 5, which I found a little complex for my taste but it came with the recorder I bought so I felt like I had to learn to love it. Now i'm trying Cubase 4 LE because it came with my phonic interface, so i'm gonna try and work with that one.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Only 48!?! dang nucjd, i dont think ill be getting quite that complex anytime soon. with everything added in at once, ive had at most like 15, and that was getting gluttonous, lol.

which Phonic interface are you using Russ? right now im runnin a Firefly 808 Universal, accompanied witha Digimax LT via adat, and running firewire to my PC for a total of 16 inputs. everything seems to work ok, but i havent got a fine-tuned ear or anything, just going with what works for now.
    the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Mapex Pro M Rock, w/ medium A customs, Mastersounds hats, Aquarian Super Kick II, Remo Pinstripes, gilded w/IRON COBRA double pedal

User Info Menu

Haha! I'm using an 808 firefly too(I figured it was a win win with all the different connectivity it offers), i'm hoping to use it for midi because at the moment my kit is set up like vdrums. Cubase can be a little overwhelming at first, but luckily the guides really help a lot. I also have Mackie Tracktion 2- it's much less of a resource demander and that's a real plus because my current computer isn't that great. Because of the small system requirements, I plan to use Tracktion or Audacity 1.3.5 until i'm able to upgrade the pc. I also have Superior Drummer and BFD 2.0 for use with midi, just haven't figured out all the ins and outs yet. I actually had an easier time learning Cubase!
    Last edited by Russ; 09-05-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I use Cubase 4 Just set it to 32 float bit 96 khz if your interface allows it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Get Enough View Post
    I use Cubase 4 Just set it to 32 float bit 96 khz if your interface allows it.
    If I was him I would not worry about 32 bit float. 96k, as you know, for most drumming styles and most people, they will not hear the difference between 44/ 48k and he wont crash his computer or have to set his buffer to 1024 and deal with latency issues.
    Last edited by nucjd; 09-09-2010 at 05:08 PM.

User Info Menu

running a 3.4G pentium 4, w/ 2G ram, and a 60G 7200 rpm hd. not the best i guess, but ive not had any issues yet

User Info Menu

Man that's a tiny hd, but it's got good enough speed I would guess. You might want a flash drive for some more storage, and 2 more gigs of ram. Less expensive than you might think for the difference of performance you get.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

ah, ive got two external drives also at 320 gigs each. i keep the hd in the pc fairly clean and file away all finished work on the ext drives. unfortunately i think last time i checked ive maxed out this motherboard with the ram upgrades...

User Info Menu

What chipset are you using? 2gig max is low, unless you're using a laptop.
    I wish I was your wife

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    What chipset are you using? 2gig max is low, unless you're using a laptop.

um pentium 4, x86??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Bird View Post
    just starting to jump right into recording and was wondering who on this forum uses this software, seems fairly easy to navigate.

tried to use it and gave up, couldnt get any input from the interface
    MAPEX MAFIA