Thread: Recording with Audacity

User Info Menu

Default Recording with Audacity

Does anybody know if I can make a decent recording on Audacity with a drum Mic kit, or just a decent condensor mic, Using a C.D. like Groove Essentials that is music minus drums? Is there a way to download the music on to Audacity and then play the c.d. whill recording over it with the Mic kit?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Recording with Audacity

Audacity works great. Just read the tutorial it will answer all your questions.

User Info Menu

Yep, Audacity is great. You have to import your music to your computer (lots of softwares can do that, even WMP). Then you can open the files with Audacity and start recording.

User Info Menu

All my "amateur" recording were done using Audacity. Nice little piece of software, if you ask me
    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    TAMA - AQUARIAN - DW PEDALS - SABIAN - ISTANBUL MEHMET - ZILDJIAN - PAISTE - VATER

Member: Aquarian Preacher Nation & AAXplosion army...

AND I CONFESS I'M A DRUMGEAR-A-HOLIC

User Info Menu

Sweet!! I'm going to buy a Mic today. I've been thinking and researching it all night. I'm obsessing on getting a decent / Ameture recording. I think I'm better off getting a midgrade condensor mic and going straight through my modem With the Audacity that I've already downloaded. Instead of a mic kit witch would require an interface or mixer of some sort,and cost a lot more money, I can only afford mics right now. but would sound a lot better as I could mix all the drum tracks seperate. Any last minute advice before I head down to buy one this afternoon? About 6 hours from now when I wake up.

User Info Menu

good soft for the price

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I like it for a few reasons. It's easy to get, easy to use, has excellent support from the audacity forum and wikipedia, it's multiplatform, and has rediculously low system requirements for you to use it. You can make some excellent recordings with it, even though it does have some limitations. If you do decide to use it, make sure you get the 1.3.5 beta. I've used both, but the 1.3 although not the stable release is well done and a little easier to use in general. They fixed a number of bugs, and you no longer need to use VST enabler for VST plugins which is a huge plus as you really need them.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

I found the 1.2.6 version that works with Windows 7, in case anyone needs assistance there.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I found the 1.2.6 version that works with Windows 7, in case anyone needs assistance there.
    I'd like to here more about that Bish, since I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 7.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

^+1

User Info Menu

I love audacity ( I still use it from time 2 time, but I've never tried recording drums with it....hmmm..)
    -DrumRookie

-Gear-
    Birch Tama Starclassic 22", 14", 12", 10" - 14"x5" Black Panther Steel Snare - Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand - Zildjian 20" A Vintage ride - Sabian HH 16" Crash - Sabian AAX 18" Studio Crash - Agazarian 10" Splash - Sabian XS20 14" Medium Hats - ProMark Shira Kashi Oak 5A - Various sticks & percussion - CP Bongos

User Info Menu

One great thing about Audacity, is if you get stuck they have a support forum that covers just about everything on the program. One of the things to look for in a good DAW(not sure if Audacity counts as a DAW) is how good is the support and how easy it is to learn it, and luckily that's all covered. There's some things you can't do with it, but for what it is it's excellent.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments