Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imus in the... (Ok, well not anymore!)

User Info Menu

Default Imus in the... (Ok, well not anymore!)

What do you guys think about the Imus firing?

User Info Menu

Wow! He got fired? I never cared for the guy, personally. Too bad Al Sharpden and Jessie Jackson don't get the same kind of treatment for their racist comments.

User Info Menu

My sentiments exactly. And you have rappers and their filth polluting the airways. I don't see anyone stopping them. It's too profitable. There's so much hipocrasy here it isn't even funny.

User Info Menu

I dont get this at all.

User Info Menu

I think it's fine for his emplyers to fire him. They're a privately owned company and have every right to do so. I just think it's a shame that society has such a double standard. Some groups just have the clout to enforce political correctness, I guess.

I would have fired him years ago for having a crappy show, btw.

You know who I really like on the radio? Laura Ingraham. I just love her wry humor and her smarts and, obviously, her politics are right up my alley.

User Info Menu

it is too bad there is such a double standard when it comes to racial humor.
    i am fine with humor. hatred is another story. if you dont feel comfortable saying something in front of a large black man with the abilty to crush you in one blow, dont say it.

User Info Menu

AHHH I cannot stand Laura Ingraham! To me, her, and most talk show hosts (liberal or republican) resort to cheap shots and name calling too often for me to find it informative or entertaining. That said, I think Michael Savage is a riot... he takes himself so seriously I can't believe he isn't joking sometimes.
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

WHOA.....I just got home, haven't heard any news yet....Don Imus did get fired? Last I heard, he was suspended for 2 weeks....
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

they cancelled his show.

User Info Menu

But yeah, I totally agree, the double standard is getting a bit ridiculous. And why is it that every time a white guy insults a black guy with a racial slur, he has to apologize to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? But.....Don Imus made his bed, let him lay in it.

Besides, we crackerass honkies should know better.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Word

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigTallG

Besides, we crackerass honkies should know better.

LOL!

User Info Menu

Cool Imus in the... (Ok, well not anymore!)

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    I think it's fine for his emplyers to fire him. They're a privately owned company and have every right to do so. I just think it's a shame that society has such a double standard. Some groups just have the clout to enforce political correctness, I guess.

I would have fired him years ago for having a crappy show, btw.
    Okay, dudes and ladies ... time for a radio man to jump into the fray!

Don Imus got his start in the 1970s as a rock jock on WNBC in New York City, and truth was he was every bit as outrageous then as now (I got into college--and college radio--ca. 1971 and Imus and Larry Lujack at WLS/Chicago were the dudes all my college DJ buddies wanted to be back then. Thank God they didn't all turn out the same way! ). I didn't like his 'tude back then, but a lot more people did.

RD, I agree about the crappy part ... Imus has been riding on that loose-cannon reputation for more than 30 years! If you were do'n the same stuff you did 30 years ago, you'd look and sound pretty crappy too! (That is, i'm sayin' you've grown, learned, and expanded your attitude since then!)

And while Imus said was outrageous, I think MSNBC and CBS are being hypocritical too. They KNEW when they hired Imus that he was a loose cannon. They KNEW his 'tude would attract listeners and viewers (and such now-horrified sponsors as Procter and Gamble, General Motors, Staples, etc.). And now they're wailing and gnashing their corporate teeth about how they don't want people to think of Don Imus when they hear an OnStar commercial! You think they'd know that, too, eh?

Let's face it, the FCC does NOT censor programming (unless you have a wardrobe malfunction or pull a George Carlin and say one of those "seven dirty words.") And last time I looked, there are buttons on most radios that let you change stations or turn the damn thing off. (Oops, could I now be in danger?)
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

anyone here about the black candiens in toronto who bought a sofa and the label color said "ni double guh er - brown"
    Last edited by michiganice91; 04-12-2007 at 06:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by michiganice91
    anyone here about the black candiens in toronto who bought a sofa and the label color said "n igger - brown"
    i saw that....funny. at least the tag didn't say made from 100% real ******

User Info Menu

Um...Ice, as I've told my own kids, while I don't believe in political correctness, the N-word is a word better left unsaid. Again, I do not like political correctness. I'm not berating you, or saying you should be punished for using the word, or saying your post should be deleted, but it's just really, really unwise to use that word. Please do yourself a favor and erase it from your lexicon.

User Info Menu

yes i know..i find that word disgusting myself...and have no idea why black people want to use it to refer to their fellow black people...i only said it cuz you wouldnt have known what i was trying to say otherwise...sorry...

User Info Menu

No big.

User Info Menu

All he said was "nappy headed hos"........... I don't think it's that big of a deal.

User Info Menu

I personally think he set me off for life

Since this happened ive been in love with the phrase "nappy headed hoes" im set for life, thanks don imus, you big *** hat you!

User Info Menu

I've never heard his show so I don't really care.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

Cool Imus in the...(OK, well not anymore!)

Don't worry, you haven't missed much. Would have said yesterday he would have found a home on satellite radio, but trade sites say neither Sirius nor XM want to fool with Imus ... some media honchos are already gripin' because a Sirius-XM merger is a monopoly, and they don't want to mess with him and risk the merger...

no big loss, man!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Okay, dudes and ladies ... time for a radio man to jump into the fray!

Don Imus got his start in the 1970s as a rock jock on WNBC in New York City, and truth was he was every bit as outrageous then as now (I got into college--and college radio--ca. 1971 and Imus and Larry Lujack at WLS/Chicago were the dudes all my college DJ buddies wanted to be back then. Thank God they didn't all turn out the same way! ). I didn't like his 'tude back then, but a lot more people did.

RD, I agree about the crappy part ... Imus has been riding on that loose-cannon reputation for more than 30 years! If you were do'n the same stuff you did 30 years ago, you'd look and sound pretty crappy too! (That is, i'm sayin' you've grown, learned, and expanded your attitude since then!)

And while Imus said was outrageous, I think MSNBC and CBS are being hypocritical too. They KNEW when they hired Imus that he was a loose cannon. They KNEW his 'tude would attract listeners and viewers (and such now-horrified sponsors as Procter and Gamble, General Motors, Staples, etc.). And now they're wailing and gnashing their corporate teeth about how they don't want people to think of Don Imus when they hear an OnStar commercial! You think they'd know that, too, eh?

Let's face it, the FCC does NOT censor programming (unless you have a wardrobe malfunction or pull a George Carlin and say one of those "seven dirty words.") And last time I looked, there are buttons on most radios that let you change stations or turn the damn thing off. (Oops, could I now be in danger?)
    Good post BB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    I personally think he set me off for life

Since this happened ive been in love with the phrase "nappy headed hoes" im set for life, thanks don imus...
    Me too! LOL ... I'm gettin' a lot of mileage out of it!

User Info Menu