Thread: How good are Protection Racket Drum Bags?.

User Info Menu

Question How good are Protection Racket Drum Bags?.

I am looking to buy a complete set of Drum Gig Bags and I hear that Protection Racket Bags are pretty good.

Anyone have experiance with these or know anything about them?.

Are there any better bags out there that dont cost much more?.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: How good are Protection Racket Drum Bags?.

Anyone?...No one?.

Anyone know about Protection Racket Drum Bags?.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

Homeularis, I don't have any direct experience with them, but I know that some of our members have them, and have been satisfied with them. I'm sure they'll come along and say so, but remember that last night was Saturday night so they might have been gigging with those bags and haven't gotten in here yet.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

in a word. very they truely are excellent ive had them for a year now excellent bags not a scratch to be seen on either the Exports i used up till may or the dws i have now. of course they arent going to stop the drum caving in after a 10 foot drop but no sace is going to really save them from that.
    Bling - Jack

DW drums
    Sabian Zildjian Paiste cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Homeularis, I don't have any direct experience with them, but I know that some of our members have them, and have been satisfied with them. I'm sure they'll come along and say so, but remember that last night was Saturday night so they might have been gigging with those bags and haven't gotten in here yet.
    I hear ya PB.
    I need some good bags to start gigging Myself...lol.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!

User Info Menu

I've got some. Good, quality bags and they've held up. Can't say enough good about them. You'll always pay more for this level of quality. Protection Racket bags are worth the extra money IMO.

User Info Menu

Short answer... they are great bags. I've used them for a few years and have zero complaints. They clearly label the drum size on the outside of the bag and have a place to label your contact info should the bag get misplaced. Good design traits IMO.

Wolfpak is a suitable alternative. Basically the same style of bag, but they have a neat little pocket on the top inside of the bag to store a spare drum head. I've seen those and thought they could be as good as PR.

Finally, Drum Seeker is the Humes & Berg answer to PR. I would put them last, but they are certainly as capable of protecting your drums. If they save you a few dollars over the other two, then they might be a good choice.
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

i have a protection racket stick bag and it works great. i am especially impressed with all the pockets, features and practical designs they incorporate into their bags.
    BREAK THE RECORD!

"Only the mediocre are always at their best"

"All im going to do is go on and do what i feel"-Jimi Hendrix

User Info Menu

Nice reviews, thanks.
    I can get a whole 6 pc set of PRs for only $300 so I dont think price is an issue. That sounds very reasonable to me.

I also need a med size hard hardware case but it has to have wheels and a strap on the inside.

Any Ideas?.
    HHMMMM!...FIRE BAAAADD!!