Thread: best Youtube conguero

User Info Menu

Default best Youtube conguero

I have been searching the web for conga demonstrations/lessons/ etc. In my opinion Panga is the best. He always uses the clave, he seems to have natural talent with the rhythms, enjoys playing on camera, and is entertaining to watch! Anyone agree or disagree. there are others out there, but I feel that he would win the prize.

If you could choose one Youtube (or like) conguero that teaches/demonstrates- who and why?

User Info Menu

Default Re: best Youtube conguero

For basic instructions, and some advanced, Johnny Conga is very good. Then we have a wonderful love lesson from Patato Valdez. Besides Patato, Mongo Santamaria, Anga Diaz and Giovanni Hidalgo can teach you a thing or two. There are of course lots of others, too many to mention. I am sure you will get more suggestions from others here.
    cat

User Info Menu

Sean.
    I guess you are talking about el panga? Just had a look at Youtube. All the congueros I mentioned have a better beat and better sound than el panga. But, a very important point: it is always best to find out for oneself. Listen to others, but make your own decisions.
    cat

User Info Menu

I think David " La Mole " Ortiz is very good because his videos on You Tube on placed in slow motion so that you can really see how it's done. It then speeds up to regular speed and you have a better understanding on that particular tumbao. Also you can see exactly where his hands are on the drum, getting that certain sound, mainly the slaps.

User Info Menu

Rudy Quesada....I just like his style of teaching, especially for a gringo like me out here in Australia lol.

User Info Menu

Have anybody heard of Pakito Baeza?. THis dude is a great conguero & a very good teacher from Spain. Love his techniques.

CONGARICAN