Thread: fadedblue rocks!

User Info Menu

Default fadedblue rocks!

I play for a local band named fadedblue. We do a lot of covers, but we're working on some original stuff. I also do a lot of session work with various local musicians.

User Info Menu

do u have anything up online?

User Info Menu

Our website is fadedbluemusic.com. There are a couple snips of some crappy live recordings, but we're working on getting some studio stuff on there.

User Info Menu

Cool site...you guys have that super SERIOUS look in the pics. And you're playing an electric set, cool beans!!! Thanks for sharing this with us, welcome aboard!!!!
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Thank you. Those pics are from before I built my frankenstein kit (half acoustic, half electronic). I'll post some pics as soon as I get a new camera.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    Thank you. Those pics are from before I built my frankenstein kit (half acoustic, half electronic). I'll post some pics as soon as I get a new camera.

That sounds pretty interesting...can't wait to see it!!!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

We had the best gig EVER last night!!! Played at a private party in Washington out in the middle of nowhere. Chicks in bikinis everywhere and more alcohol than most bars have in stock. We started at 7:00pm and were only supposed to play until 11:00pm. At 10:30 they took up a collection to get us to play another set. We did, not caring how much they came up with. There were still about 200 people there and they were having a blast. At midnight, the owner offered us double our pay to play one more set. Are you kidding me?!?! Of course we'll do it!!! We played until 2:00am and had to call it quits (after playing 2 encores). People were begging us to stay. It was the greatest feeling I've ever had sitting behind a drumkit. The money is fine, But seeing all those people having the time of their lives and knowing I had a part in it is priceless. I love it!!!

Great moment in my life. Just had to share it.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

That is soooo cool....that right there is the reason we all play i think...if not then we're in it for the wrong reasons...

User Info Menu

That is an awesome thing!!! You must have been stoked the whole time. Glad to hear that you guys ROCKED!!!! Congrats Bro!!

User Info Menu

Well, I got bad news. Our rhythm guitarist quit the band to work on another project. We are still very good friends and I wish him the best of luck.

So.....Now we are a 3 piece band. Here are the choices on what to do:

A - get another guitarist (not looking forward to that project)
    B - look for a keyboard player ( i kinda like that idea as it would broaden the song spectrum)
    C - dump half the songs we play and learn new ones as a "power trio" (that ones kinda touchy as all the songs i like to play, have to go)
    D - I work on my own projects ( i've had quite a few offers over the last year)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Check out the website. It will be changing pretty soon.

Thanks
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

just stick to what moves you

User Info Menu

If it were me i would try and do whatever i think makes the music suffer the least; if that means waiting a while for a new member then sobeit, cos at the end of the day it's all about the music (i hope)

User Info Menu

It's absolutely all about the music. It's just that we were gigging regularly for the last year and all of a sudden we're in limbo. Feels kinda weird.....
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Well, we played our first gig as a "power trio" last night and it went pretty well. Some of the songs sound a little empty to me without a second guitarist, but nobody even noticed I don't think. The gig worked out great though as we picked up 3 more gigs and are now booked through mid-November! I think we are going to stay as a 3 piece.

Only time will tell......
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Well, we are back to our original lineup again. Yay! Our rythm guitarist came back (his other project did'nt pan out) and we have decided to take our music in a little different direction. Our website should be updated soon (the pics on it are killing me as I don't even have either one of those kits anymore) and our song catalog is going to have a major makeover as we are starting to play more rockin' songs as opposed to the country crap we had thrown in. Country music makes a lot of money out here, but it's not about that, it's about the music and how we feel playing it. I think our energy level and musical attitude have made a change for the better! I'll keep you guys updated on how things are going....
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. I looked at your site. Sounds like you have a good thing going.

User Info Menu

DrumBum, I just found this thread. Didn't even know you had a band web site. Great stuff. Rock on!

User Info Menu

Default Re: fadedblue rocks!

Well, I have'nt updated on fadedblue for quite awhile , so here goes:

We went into the studio and recorded a few tunes (they're up on our website) and then lost our lead guitarist. He had to move away due to health / family issues. We still keep in contact and are very good friends. We auditioned 1 person who was such a natural fit (not to mention he can shred a guitar!) that we did'nt even bother auditioning anyone else. We have played a few gigs now with our new guitarist and the chemistry is better than any band I have played with before. We are really starting to see a difference in how well we all play together and are seeing a very positive response from our fans.

We are currently taking 2 months off gigging to spend time writing / recording some originals. Hopefully, we will have something new up on our website by next month.

I'll try and update a little more often....hehe
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I'm sorry that your friend is missing out due to his health/family, but I am glad the new guitarist is working out so well. All the best for your time spent writing and recording! We miss you around here 1DB, but unselfish bunch that we are, we are glad to hear that things are going well for you!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Sounds awesome! Keep us posted.

User Info Menu

Well, I haven't been here in a long time and thought I would give an update on where we are now.

So after we got a new lead guitarist, our rhythm guitarist left again for good. We decided to continue on with only 1 guitar player and take our music in a different direction. We scrapped almost our entire cover song catalog (120+ songs) and embarked on a songwriting journey. Well, the fruits of our labor are almost complete. We went in the studio and did live recordings of our original tunes and just got the mixes back a few weeks ago for us to listen to and approve. Next, it gets mastered and produced. So finally, after 2 looooong years in the making, fadedblue's first album will be out around the end of next month! I can't even begin to say how happy I am that this is finally happening. I know a couple radio DJ's from stations in the area and I have let them listen to a couple songs from our unfinished mix and they want to play us on the air, so I'm feeling really good about this.

Starting to see the clouds part and some blue sky and sunshine is peeking through for a change!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Well, it finally happened! fadedblue has finally released it's first album! Years in the making, multiple lineup changes, and a bunch of studio delays, but it is finally done! Can't tell you how happy I am that we finally cleared that hurdle. It was definitely a learning experience and I know the next one will go a lot smoother. Already have 1/2 of it written. We are currently gigging fairs and festivals in the great Pac NW, and will most likely go back into the studio this winter to start work on the next album.

On another note, I have started a second band project named Willow Tree. We are playing modern country tunes, but twisting them a little (I'm playing djembe with brushes and hot rods instead of a snare on the kit, plus a few other weird tweaks to the drum sound) to make them our own, but still staying true to the song. It is a lot of fun doing a project like this.
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Update: I haven't been on here in quite a while as I have been mega-busy immersing myself in the local music scene. I'm currently playing in fadedblue still. We are back working on our 2nd album right now. Over the past year, I have built a recording studio in my new house for us to record in. Figured I was better off spending the money building my own than blowing it paying someone else to record for us. I took some sound engineering classes in the spring and have a pretty good handle on things in that department now.

I am also still playing with Willow Tree. We have been gigging almost every weekend over the past year now. We're getting a pretty good following and are starting to evolve into something totally different than the country band we started out as. It's a lot of fun watching this project grow.

I am now playing in Throwing Stones, a Rolling Stones tribute band. We did a few gigs over the summer with great success and have a few more lined up. I never was into the Stones growing up, and probably never would have studied their music on my own, but this has been a real eye opener as to why everyone has loved them for so long.

I have also been playing with various musicians from other bands in the area and really promoting myself a lot over the last year. I have made a lot of great contacts that I think will get me to the next level soon, i.e., professional drummer. I currently do not have enough time in the day trying to do everything I want to with having a full time job in the way. I'm almost ready to take the plunge and quit my job. All I got to do is keep working hard and I will make it!

Rock on bruthas' and sistahs'! Hopefully I will be able to get back into the groove on here as well.
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

That's an impressive run with your band. Congrats to all the success!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Good to see you on here again. You are one busy drummin' fool. Keep it up!

Tex