Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Facts......

User Info Menu

Default Interesting Facts......

In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"......

Interesting LOL

User Info Menu

Hahaha....not funny....women beating is sick in every form you look at it.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    Hahaha....not funny....women beating is sick in every form you look at it.
    LOL! Depends on the woman....... Just Kidding.

How about this one:

In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts... So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down." It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's"

User Info Menu

Are you sure about that? Cuz I read that printing press apprentices would always get the "p" press and the "q" press mixed up, and therefore mess up the print.
    So the masters always said "Mind your P's and Q's" as not to get them mixed up.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    Are you sure about that? Cuz I read that printing press apprentices would always get the "p" press and the "q" press mixed up, and therefore mess up the print.
    So the masters always said "Mind your P's and Q's" as not to get them mixed up.
    I guess ti could be either or, both sound like they could be right.... I'll google it.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's another:

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

User Info Menu

Yeah i read that one a long time ago, how about:

Godessship is the only triple letter in the English language.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

Its illegal in a city in [can't remember exact city] Kansas to sleep naked. I guess it would cost to much money to bypass it, so one enforces it!
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

A shark always sleeps with only one eye closed and only rests half the brain at a time.

User Info Menu

It is impossible to lick your elbow.

User Info Menu

"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the english alphabet.

Speaking of alphabet, the word alphabet is derived from the Greek words Alpha and Beta.
    - Henry David Thoreau

User Info Menu

If ya fill a swimming pool with custard you can walk across it like its a pavement but as soon as you stop you start to sink!!

User Info Menu

if i ever see a pool full of custard i hope the are 100 naked women in it. in wich case i'm ok with sinking.
    and i can not lick my elbow! who else just sat there at there computer and tested this theory? i cant be the only one. some parts your just not supposed to lick on your own i guess.
    and yes kansas is full of crazy laws that have been on the books for WAY too long.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    if i ever see a pool full of custard i hope the are 100 naked women in it. in wich case i'm ok with sinking.
    and i can not lick my elbow! who else just sat there at there computer and tested this theory? i cant be the only one. some parts your just not supposed to lick on your own i guess.
    and yes kansas is full of crazy laws that have been on the books for WAY too long.
    I'm LMAO right now!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Ambrose Everett Burnside was a Union Army General during the American Civil War. Burnside was noted for his unusual facial hair, joining strips of hair in front of his ears to his mustache, but with chin clean-shaven; the word burnsides was coined to describe this style. The syllables were later reversed to give Sideburns
    Last edited by Musicnut74; 04-13-2007 at 08:19 PM.
    PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats

User Info Menu

Cool Interesting facts...

And how many of us still wear burnsides--uhh, sideburns--today?

Since this is Friday the 13th, here's something positive about the number 13...
    in merrie olde England, breadmakers got into big trouble if they shorted their customers who ordered 12 rolls . . . so they got an idea of sticking an extra roll into the customers' orders...

THUS: "THE BAKER'S DOZEN!"

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Here's another:

The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
    (clenches teeth shut)... Don't say it Tom, Don't say it!
    Man, I hate passin' up the good ones!

User Info Menu

Is it still illegal to spit on the sidewalk? I know it was when I was younger.

User Info Menu

In sweden it is illega to not wear a bycycle helmet when you are cycling.

User Info Menu

dont ask how i know ...
    *the average condom can hold over a gallon of water before busting
    * 75% percent of the people that Read " you cannot lick your elbow" try
    it
    * A midget can infact lick his elbow
    * the universe is the shape of a football and expanding at a rate of about 10000 light years
    * 75% of the midgets that read that tried to lick they're elbow..haha gotcha...
    *hitlers hatered of the jews started when he was turned down for a art school admission by a jewish art director
    *in the 60's JFK launched a multi assassination attempt on castro..one ploy a explosive cigar actually reachd his desk..where one of castros top officers proceeded to light it and explode...the positive thing Castro found out who was stealing his cigars
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Here's another:

Did they each have a foot on the floor?
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    it hurts.......it hurts......
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

The usage of the term "Give someone the cold shoulder" came from an old english tradition of having roasts at dinner parties. If the host however did not like a guest, they were given a cold cut of the shoulder of the roast.

User Info Menu

In Arkansas it is legal (not sure if it is still) for a man to beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

In Florida, if an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

In Texas, when two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone. A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. and finally or the texans, Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense. - I want to know what constitues "Homosexual Behaviour"?