Thread: Help Please? SMI-1458/DD-501 edrums MIDI not recognized in XP -

User Info Menu

Default Help Please? SMI-1458/DD-501 edrums MIDI not recognized in XP -

Hey guys and gals, hoping to gain a bit of direction here... I'm usually able to figure this kind of stuff out by googling around, but am totally stuck here and pulling my hair out.

Picked up a very much entry level e-kit today. Sound X SMI-1458 - identical to the Legacy/Medeli DD-501.

The unit boasts a plug and play USB output, with no drivers needed (or supplied) to activate the midi triggers.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 and upon plugging the kit in, I receive the New Hardware Found wizard. XP finds a device named 'e-drums'. When I choose to install the drivers automatically, the install fails as XP cannot find the correct drivers for the hardware.

With the unit still plugged in, I press on to find that the midi triggers are not recognized AT ALL. Running ProTools 8LE with Addictive Drums. Absolutely no MIDI devices found.

I've installed eTrigger/eDrumMonitor and MidiYoke in hopes that perhaps there would be some kind of universal edrum driver packed away in the software.

It's a no go. I've tried all of my USB ports, several USB cables yet continue to receive the same failed hardware wizard. I know this can be achieved using this kit as there are a number of youtube videos with demos using ezdrummer and such. Forums also suggest that people are using this as a midi controller with no problem whatsoever, but I'm just hitting a big wall here trying to get my PC to recognize the set.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate your time and help in advance!

-reqd

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help Please? SMI-1458/DD-501 edrums MIDI not recognized in XP -

Welcome to Drum Chat reqd!

I'm sorry that I can't help with this one, because you are waaaay beyond anything that I might understand. Just wondering - have you checked with the manufacturer to see what they might recommend?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!