Thread: DBL Pedal Advise......HELP

User Info Menu

Default DBL Pedal Advise......HELP

OK Guys/Gals,

I am looking at two dbl pedals right now that I am very interested in, one is the Pearl p1227TW and the other is the TAMA HP200TW Iron Cobra Junior Double Pedal, there is about a $40 differance between the two, and they both got very good reviews on the musiciansfriend website, so I am asking my drum chat advisers what I should by, so please let me know, and why?

THANKS

User Info Menu

I'd say Pearl, but I can't give reasons lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

umm well i cant say for sure which would be better but i would personally get tama pedals i think. either of them though i suppose. lol i know this was of no help at all but just my 'two bob'

User Info Menu

Unless you have small feet, I wouldn't get a 'junior' pedal.
    If you are going to spend the money, save up some more and get the real Iron Cobras. They play pretty well.
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

I'm going to say (BTG...please take note) go with the DW 9000 series. The 9002 is an awesome pedal well worth the price... I've been using a 5002 pedal for over sixteen years now... and its still going strong
    PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats

User Info Menu

If you have a guitarcenter near you, you can go try those pedals out. I think that would be the best thing for you to do is to try them out for yourself and see which one feels better.

User Info Menu

thats a pretty big price jump between the cobra juniors and the 5000 and 9000s. i have not played either you mentioned bum, but i'm sure you will be happy with either one. the dw4000s are also in that range and also have decent reviews.
    Last edited by funkymcstain; 04-14-2007 at 09:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I bought one, it is the Yamaha DFP9410 Flying Dragon Dbl Bass drum pedal.
    Everyone I talked to at the four differant music stored said this is far better than any of the others hands down, they said this was very comparable to the axis pedal, ANYBODY else own these?

User Info Menu

I've always heard good things about those too, now make another video using it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Thanks guys, I bought one, it is the Yamaha DFP9410 Flying Dragon Dbl Bass drum pedal.
    Everyone I talked to at the four differant music stored said this is far better than any of the others hands down, they said this was very comparable to the axis pedal, ANYBODY else own these?
    Congrats on your new purchase!

I love my DW 9000's but those are the only one's I've ever tried so don't know how they compare to other dbl pedals (I'll take my teachers, BTGs and Music Nuts word that they are good ones) LOL

User Info Menu

Uhm, whats the diffrence between the iron cobra junior and the regular iron cobra besides price?

User Info Menu

The size.
    i must be the only hip hop fan here

User Info Menu

wow! the flying dragons huh? i havn't had a chance to play em. make sure you hook us up with a review.

User Info Menu

What is the junior pedal meant for the kids or would i be able to use it? Because i was contemplating a iron cobra pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz
    What is the junior pedal meant for the kids or would i be able to use it? Because i was contemplating a iron cobra pedal

no... its not size ... its features.. the iron cobre (sr lol) is an absolutly rediculously feature packed pedal that will blow u away.. the iron cobra jr is a cheap nock off with no features that plays at a intermediate level..

there are in my eyes.. 3 stages of pedals beginner, intermediate and pro

iron cobra is pro, axis is pro, dw9000 is pro, pearl eliminator is pro

iron cobra jr is intermediate, dw 5000 is intermediate, axis x short board is intermediate, pearl p122 is intermediate

pacific pedals is beginner,

dualist is super pro lol
    arnold for president!!

User Info Menu

i prefer the Dw 5000 to the 9000's but thats just me,

i also like dw pedals over other brands (except axis which i cant afford the nice one)
    I really wish that we could actually show the pictures in here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deadforaminute
    there are in my eyes.. 3 stages of pedals beginner, intermediate and pro

iron cobra is pro, axis is pro, dw9000 is pro, pearl eliminator is pro
    You just said the four pedals I'm tossing up buying next. Well, more realistically three, those Axis ones are damn expensive.

I'm thinking of the Pearl Eliminators. Just cause I have the Pearl P1000 at the moment, and I love it. So the Eliminators would have to be better right? Also, it'd match all my other Pearl Hardware. =P

It's pretty hard to find dw hardware at my local music shop. Basically cause they don't stock any, and probably wouldn't unless it was on special order. I tend to order all the major buys from Billy Hyde in Sydney, over 500kms away from where I live.

Everything I've heard about the TAMAs has been great. Super adjustable, Loaded with features etc. etc.

I guess whatever I buy I'd be content, I just want to make sure I make the right choice.

HB58

Wow, I went on a tangent
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Um....the DW™ 5000 series pedals are not intermediate, they are a pro pedal......the 4000 series is beginner, the 7000 is intermediate, and the 5000 and 9000s are pros.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

All I have to say is O MY GOD, my new Yamaha Flying dragon direct drive pedals are so awesome, I can't even believe how smooth and responsive they are, it is almost as if they play for me, they respond to every little thing I do, they are light as a feather, and they have endless adjustability to really dial in your comfort zone, truly amazing pedals, sorry BTG but I honestly think that these pedals are far better than the 5000 or 9000.

User Info Menu

bold staement, now i gotta go try em.

User Info Menu

I am tellin ya funky they are AWESOME

User Info Menu

me2, im interested.... flying dragon huh
    arnold for president!!