Thread: The Chain

User Info Menu

Default The Chain

Can anyone point me in the direction of some sheet or tab for The Chain by Fleetwood Mac?

I've hunted about online, including the drum bum list, but can only find guitar tabs.

Cheers.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The Chain

I also have been looking for some tabs for this song for quite a while and I'm yet to find anything either

User Info Menu

Drum tabs are very hard to find cause I have been looking around alot for some. Tabs for guitars are everywhere. I think someone should come out with a site just for drum tabs don't you agree. I guess drums are not as important as guitars that's my opinion.

User Info Menu

Look up a drum cover on Youtube and study it. Then try imitating it. In the past, I've been known to set a folding table in front of my drums and use my dad's 17" laptop to play the video on repeat while I follow along.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Drum tabs are very hard to find cause I have been looking around alot for some. Tabs for guitars are everywhere. I think someone should come out with a site just for drum tabs don't you agree. I guess drums are not as important as guitars that's my opinion.
    There are some drum dedicated sites out there. If you go to the drum bum list, which is linked up the top somewhere, they list about 30 sites with drum tabs, some of which are very good. All depends on what you're looking for though.

I can't post the link, but there's a site called 'almost free drum tabs' who do a pretty good range of sheet tabs (i.e not ASCII stuff, which I really struggle with), but despite the name they are $10 each. They will also transcribe a song on demand for the same price, so in theory they will do anything.

I've not stumped up for anything yet, so don't know the quality, but the feedback looks pretty good. It would probably be too expensive for a bunch of songs, but for one special song I would be tempted.

I'm holding out on The Chain though, as I think I can do most of the song fairly easy (thump, thump,thump, thump), there are just a couple of fills here and there that I'd like to know more about. e.g. the long fill/roll at the begining of the famous bass guitar outro sounds like the snare and hi hat are reversed (i.e. four snare hits for every one hi hat). I'm curious as to how that's being done.
    You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

User Info Menu

Smile Re: The Chain

Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    There are some drum dedicated sites out there. If you go to the drum bum list, which is linked up the top somewhere, they list about 30 sites with drum tabs, some of which are very good. All depends on what you're looking for though.

I can't post the link, but there's a site called 'almost free drum tabs' who do a pretty good range of sheet tabs (i.e not ASCII stuff, which I really struggle with), but despite the name they are $10 each. They will also transcribe a song on demand for the same price, so in theory they will do anything.

I've not stumped up for anything yet, so don't know the quality, but the feedback looks pretty good. It would probably be too expensive for a bunch of songs, but for one special song I would be tempted.

I'm holding out on The Chain though, as I think I can do most of the song fairly easy (thump, thump,thump, thump), there are just a couple of fills here and there that I'd like to know more about. e.g. the long fill/roll at the begining of the famous bass guitar outro sounds like the snare and hi hat are reversed (i.e. four snare hits for every one hi hat). I'm curious as to how that's being done.
    Ok thanks I will check Drum Bum list and see what I can find cause I am into old classic rock.