Thread: Kansas City, Kansas

User Info Menu

Default Kansas City, Kansas

Hey everybody, my name is Layne. I'm from Louisburg, Kansas. About 45 minutes south of KCK. I figured i'd make my first post here! My town is a typical medium sized farming community. I graduated in 2007 with about 106 kids in my class. The music scene in KC is pretty iffy at the moment. But I could see a boom here soon!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Kansas City, Kansas

Welcome to Drum Chat MmmGretsch!

I am from the Nashville, Tennessee area myself, but I have a daughter and her family that will be settling in your neck of the woods when her husband's enlistment is up. make sure you post a pic of your kit in the "Show Us Your Drums" thread. Love looking at those Gretsch kits!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I live in western Shawnee. Im 33. Male. Married with kids. Love to check out the local music. I look forward to getting back into the scene.

User Info Menu

I live in Leawood, KS - suburb of Kansas City. Great place to raise a family - not so good if you are single and looking :-)

Also a Gretsch guy - 7 piece Catalina Maples (the 7th drum is a baby tom) and Sabian AAX'er.

Good to be here!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat MikeRoyale!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Yes, Welcome! I lived in the KC area for a few years.....in Johnson county. Overland Park and Lenexa. I really liked Kansas City. They got some crazy little women there.....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRoyale View Post
    I live in Leawood, KS - suburb of Kansas City. Great place to raise a family - not so good if you are single and looking :-)

Also a Gretsch guy - 7 piece Catalina Maples (the 7th drum is a baby tom) and Sabian AAX'er.

Good to be here!
    I grew up in KCK wishing it was Leawood...

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yes, Welcome! I lived in the KC area for a few years.....in Johnson county. Overland Park and Lenexa. I really liked Kansas City. They got some crazy little women there.....
    Or Overland Park or Lenexa...

User Info Menu

I avoided KCK like the plague. Almost rented a house in Bonner Springs, but it didn't work out. Too many people fleeing KCK really drove the cost of housing up there.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray on the Drums View Post
    I grew up in KCK wishing it was Leawood...
    I grew up in Independence - which is very much like KCK...

User Info Menu

Welcome to DC MmmGretsch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRoyale View Post
    I grew up in Independence - which is very much like KCK...
    We don't have bed bug exterminator billboards in Spanish yet.
    But yeah I guess I can see it coming before long. (lol a little)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray on the Drums View Post
    We don't have bed bug exterminator billboards in Spanish yet.
    But yeah I guess I can see it coming before long. (lol a little)
    HA!

eah the Independence I grew up in I should say, is much different than the Independence of today...