Thread: First Time!

User Info Menu

Default First Time!

I just took apart my snare, down to the shell. All the hardware layed out and cleaned. It felt great. It was my first time. I think I should change out my drum heads because I am still using the stock heads that it came with....*cough* seven years ago *cough*

I felt like such an idiot because I had this huge problem putting the snare wires back on. They just wouldn't make a snare sound. I then noticed, i had the wires upside down :O

I think I might sit and stare at it for a while now.

-Signature

User Info Menu

Default Re: First Time!

Ruabat, just think about what you are learning through this process. WTG!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

nice job bud.. its very good for you and your drums to do that every so often. keep the lugs greased, all the screws tightened, and your drums will last a long,long time .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Wow good job. I do this periodicaly to all my drums. Take them apart re-assemble them and I find it so much fun. It makes you feel like Drum Tech guy. Keep on doing it and your drums will last and sound good forever.

User Info Menu

i did that to my whole kit in order to take the wrap off. its good fun
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

i do that often lot of changing setup,modifie rack, making new arm tom, etc ...
    i hate that it always 2-4 hour

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

Larrysperf Guest

Glad to hear that. You take care of them and they will never let you down. Oh wait thats my wife , nope drums also lol

User Info Menu

Sounds interesting...makes me wanna do it now lol

User Info Menu

Snare wires have a right side up?
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.