Thread: Worst or Weirdest Job Ever?

User Info Menu

Default Worst or Weirdest Job Ever?

What the worst or weirdest job you've ever had?

I worked in a men's clothing store when I was 18, which wasn't that weird or that bad it's just that the guys I worked with would always make me measure all the old dude's inseams when they didn't know what size pants they wore. My co-workers loved watching what the men would do as I was measuring LMAO!

User Info Menu

I churned butter in a Cracker Barrel lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I worked in a child daycare centre for my work experience. They didnt know what to call a male teacher there so all the little kids called me miss like they did the other téahers.

User Info Menu

I put metal grommets in rubber gloves for 8 hours a day. It lasted one day, and I quit. It almost drove me insane. I am not the type of person that can sit and do something that mundane and repetitive for 8 hours in a row. And...rubber stinks! LOL

User Info Menu

worst....washing dishes at red lobster. lasted about 3 hours. weirdest.....cover/bar band drummer, i see the craziest stuff in these redneck, mullet infested dives in kansas. on a weekly basis. makes my day job almost seem normal.

User Info Menu

I a have been blessed with unemployment, and I plan to only get a job I LIKE doing.
    Like putting together/testing equipment in a Peavey shipping plant, that would be the bomb!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

After work one night an old lady paid me twenty dollars to crawl under her house and remove a dead cat that was stinking up the place.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

I used to make receipt paper.. (that job sucked)
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

worst job ever?....
    i dunno ive had some tough ones...
    mowing a all uphill yard with a pushmower...
    and prooly the nice job of diiging out a crumpled pool wall....with shovel...while my boss tried to help and accidently pushed the 400-500 ish pounds of dirt i had just got done shoveling back into the hole...with a bobcat....anyone see the problem with that picture?
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

Cool Worst or Weirdest Job Ever?

The weirdest job I ever had got me through college...I was the cashier in the concession stand in an adult drive-in theater...yeah, with X-rated movies where they really showed the X's. (It took me several years before I could even look at, much less make, buttered popcorn.)

Ironically, I could tell how raunchy the film was getting by--what else?--how loud and intense the bongos were banging!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Worst job: When I was working through Uni, I used to work at a pub/bistro place doing almost everything: I'd get up at 5 in the morning and do the cleaning, then do a few hours study, then head back and do kitchen hand work before the lunchtime crowd, then back to uni, at the end of the day, I'd do bartending at the same joint until it shut ... then back up at 5 in the morning to start again. It did my head in, all I did was work and study. The lack of sleep was appalling. It got so back that I developed dreadlocks because I never had time to wash or brush my hair (I had long hair at the time).

User Info Menu

My first job was a telemarketer for a carpet cleaning business called courtesy carpet cleaners, man was that a horrible experience, so I quit and went to work for McDonald's.

User Info Menu

Well, I work in an ER and Trauma Center. I see the funniest, saddest, bizarrest stuff every day. I love it though. So, it's not worst but definatley the weirdest job I ever had. I used to be a secretary.