Thread: Triplet fills?

User Info Menu

Default Triplet fills?

alright..triplet fills. I no of the famous john Bonham triplet fill, were he hits a drum with his right hand (or left) and another drum (right or left hand) and hits his beeter, so it's like three hits over and over again kinda sounds like "bom ba dee, boom ba dee." now im wondering.... is that called a 'triplet fill?'

also another fill im wondering about is when your in 4/4 timing but you do a fill, and you count the fill as 'one tita two tita three tita four titta' instead of 1e+a 2e+a 3e+a 4e+a....is that called a 'triplet fill?'

User Info Menu

if i undertand you correctly, yes it would be a triplet fill.

User Info Menu

Yes, if, like funky, I understood what you mean. A triplet (if I remember right) is three strokes in a single count ie your 1 titta, 2 titta, so that should be a triplet.
    The 1e+a, 2e+a is the classic single stroke roll, so I am counting 1titta, 2titta as three strokes per count, with the count of 1titta, 2titta, taking the same time, rythm and tempo as 1e+a, 2e+a. If I am counting this wrong, please provide more of an explantion of what you mean.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Yup, sounds like triplet fills to me.

Triplets are whenever you play three equally spaced notes in the period of one beat, no matter what drum/cymbal/object you hit.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells58
    Yup, sounds like triplet fills to me.

Triplets are whenever you play three equally spaced notes in the period of one beat, no matter what drum/cymbal/object you hit.

HB58
    Yeah, so i was right - it's been years since i learnt and bothered to pay attention to that sort of thing - I play 'em, just don't really pay attention ot terms - I am mostly self taught. Glad to know I remeber something
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?