Thread: New snare For dtxpress IV standard?

User Info Menu

Default New snare For dtxpress IV standard?

I like the 3 trigger rubber snare.... but it doesnt feel real enough. any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Default Re: New snare For dtxpress IV standard?

Quote Originally Posted by sinodira View Post
    I like the 3 trigger rubber snare.... but it doesnt feel real enough. any suggestions?
    Have you tried out the new yamaha TCS (textured cellular silicone) snare pad...there supposed to feel more like a real drum than anything currently available....

User Info Menu

Well i'm just a little bit poor and those are like $450.

User Info Menu

Those are not compatible with the DTXpress IV module anyway. You'd have to swap out for a DTX500 (same module, basically, but upgraded to support the new pads). Which rubber snare are you using? The TP100 or the TP65S? For that module, the TP100/TP120 is as good as it gets (same pad, just different sizes).

As for trying to find a realistic snare pad, don't chase that rainbow. The pad doesn't exist. Every company says they have it and none of them do. Not Roland's mesh, not Yamaha's silicone, not Alesis' "Real Head" pads, not Pearl's rubber pads. None of them feel like playing an acoustic snare. So just go with whatever feels best for you but don't caught up comparing to acoustics. I personally love the DTX pads (I own one) and feel they are the best pads available, but an acoustic snare it is not.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DLDante View Post
    Those are not compatible with the DTXpress IV module anyway. You'd have to swap out for a DTX500 (same module, basically, but upgraded to support the new pads).
    That is correct...I researched DTXperience and Yamaha's "official" answer is the new pad is not compatible with all three zones with older DTXplorer modules (can't upgrade firmware)...they say that it will play head zone, but they won't guarantee rim zones...however, TomTom (Yamaha employee) has put out a trigger setting that you can try that he says he got a "very good response" with on the DTXpress module with TCS pad....my recommendation would be to try before you buy (if possible, if that's the pad you like)....

http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/ub...925#Post445925
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 10-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.

User Info Menu

well then im not too worried about it. i may get the tp100 one day just to have the extra surface area and snare control knob. because its only like $150. But i dont wanna have to upgrade my module or anything. im not that committed to "realistic" electronic drums anyway, if there were such a thing. I just wanted something a little less rubbery bouncy so id get fewer blisters on my hands.