Thread: What a Great Find !!!

User Info Menu

Default What a Great Find !!!

Remember the saying one man's trash is another man's treasure....well on my way home from work last thursday, I take my normal route home and when I turned the corner at the top of my hill I noticed drums by the curb for trash pick up, including a couple cymbals, I could tell the drums were very cheap with single lugs but I thought of my grandsons right away, one of them have a First Act drumset that blew these drums away.........Anyway the Great Find was in the cymbals, both were 16", one was a Vintage Zildjian, the other a Scimitar Zildjian both in excellent condition, the vintage one weighs a ton and I didn't realize it was a zildjian until I cleaned it a little and saw the stamp. Needless to say it made my day, I'm trashing the drums they are in really bad shape with black mold inside them and missing hardware. I get to keep the Vintage and my other grandson gets the scimitar.

User Info Menu

Default Re: What a Great Find !!!

Blimey, that is a superb find! I'd give my left nut to find a vintage zildjian like that!
    Gear

1980's Chrome Wrap Pearl Export Kit
    22" Bass Drum
    12" Rack Tom
    13" Rack Tom
    16" Floor Tom

Snare Drum
    Highwood Custom made 13" snare with light blue sparkled wrap and high gloss black metalwork.

Cymbals
    13" K Zildjian top / Z Dynobeat bottom hihats
    17" Paiste 2002 Wild Crash
    18" Paiste 3000 Power Crash
    22" Stagg hand hammered Brilliant Rock Ride

*Recently Retired*
    18" A Zildjian Rock Crash
    19" Sabian AAX Metal Crash

User Info Menu

Dagum, nice one. Betchu weren't expecting that.
    I am currently suffering from gear acquisition syndrome. Will trade soul for drum gear. Donations accepted.

-Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive 5-piece
    -SP Hardware
    -Gibraltar Avenger DB-Pedal
    -PST5 Cymbals

"Uncontrollable urticaria drivel spurting" -a sentence spawned from the half a word story.

User Info Menu

Nice, I have to look around for trashed drums.. LOL
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

That was your lucky day, Spider....you shoulda played the lottery that day !

User Info Menu

Congrats for taking the time to see that it was more than just trash. Antique stores are full of stuff that other people thought was just trash.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great find man I agree with mikeytage except I would give my right nut to find vintage cymbals like that at a curb.

User Info Menu

Where is all this stuff when I'm out driving around?? Great find!!

sk
    "A man can NEVER have too many cymbals"

Proudly Playing

Sonor Force 3007 Stage One Piano Black 22X17.5 kick, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14 and 16" toms
    Pork Pie Big Black Snare
    Vater Sticks/Brushes
    Remo Vintage Emperor, Emperor X, and Powerstroke Pro Heads
    Paiste Twenty/2002/Signature Cymbals
    Sonor/DW/Gibraltar Hardware

User Info Menu

why arent there stupid people where i live???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylipp View Post
    why arent there stupid people where i live???
    +1

why aren't there more drummers where i live!?

User Info Menu

It's probably a once in a lifetime find, I've never in my life ever saw any drums or cymbals curbside before. Although awhile back I remember reading about someone on here finding a half decent set of Pearl Drums by the curb.

User Info Menu

nice find man!!! i really wish there were people like that around me... sort of like, there is a guy i know who is getting a knew drumkit (funny story. he found a pearl vision 11 piece for $400 on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!) anyway, now he wants a pearl masters mcx, because he didnt end out getting the 11 piece vision. he said when he gets his new kit, i get his old one for free!! its a $300 kit, but itd be fun to play around with :D
    Sonor - Pearl - Tama - Mapex - Paiste - Sabian - Roc N Soc - Pro Mark - Gibralter - Evans - Dixon - Mapex

User Info Menu

Spider, I'd like to make you a very lucrative offer. I am willing to give you TWENTY U.S. DOLLARS, CASH MONEY, RIGHT NOW for that cymbal. Heheheheh......
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

You're way to kind BigTall, I was thinking more in the $10.00 area, no questions asked.