Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you learn a song?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Yea Jobby, why don't you let crazyman go now, he's turning blue......
    But I like playing with him ... he followed me home, can I keep him?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jobby
    But I like playing with him ... he followed me home, can I keep him?
    You have to feed him and take him out when he needs to go poo...... Can you do that Jobby?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    You have to feed him and take him out when he needs to go poo...... Can you do that Jobby?
    Sure I can do that.

: proceeds to ignore and neglect crazymanwithaplunger and finds something else to be interested in anyway :

User Info Menu

OK, you can keep him

User Info Menu

Yay!!!! I found a home.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

*Proceeds to start climing on furniture and scratching things then hangs on curtains*

User Info Menu

Bad crazy! (gets smacked with a newspaper) Jobby you better see about you're new pal!!!!

User Info Menu

Cool

*loves getting smacked with the newspaper* gee DC, how'd you know

User Info Menu

It was something about your smile...... LOL

User Info Menu

i think the best way is to pick a fairly easy song and just listen to it over and over and air drum to it with ya sticks, and then right down the form of it ie: intro verse1 chorus etc... then when you know the structure of it well take it to the kit ..the technical side of it will come with experience .. in time you can hear a song and mentaly visualize what the drummer is doing.. i learnt to play drums by doing this with an album called ''word gets around'' by the ''stereophonics'' sounds like enegetic live rock with gritty vocals, a good buy!
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

if you want to find an easy song to practice with i would recommend Neil Young's Rockin' in a free world. very simple beat and you can work on your fills too.