Thread: What do you think?

User Info Menu

Post What do you think?

I was wondering what you guys think about the LX PDP series by DW in comparison to like yamaha or pearl drumset, such as the yamaha tour custom and the pearl ecx. I wondering if a pdp are good drums. I have heard some good and bad things about them. I have also heard them for the first time this weekend and they sounded pretty good.
    Thanks
    Last edited by drum1895; 04-16-2007 at 03:50 PM.

User Info Menu

ok ive got ofered to join my church youth band w/playing the drums...should i do it .....?

User Info Menu

yes to rocker chick but do not bring in a db pedal because they do not like it, I tried it and they kicked me out.
    and for 1895, HECK YES! pdp are pretty good drums but i say pearl is better, and i don't particularly like yamaha drums.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

We have doubles at our church.

User Info Menu

I believe ddrumbum uses his doubles at church (Kev don't shoot me if I'm wrong)......

User Info Menu

Cool What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick
    ok ive got ofered to join my church youth band w/playing the drums...should i do it .....?
    If you want to do it, go for it! It's great practice and you'll learn playing different styles under different conditions...personally, I love it!

Needless to say, if you aren't sure, do this first...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Why not allow double bass in a church?

I recently had a chance to play the LX PDP at Guitar Center picking up the Ray Luzier dvd. I really like the depth to the toms. The guys there had put on some aquarian heads and Paiste 2002's, made it a sweet sounding set.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy