Thread: Drum Amps?

User Info Menu

Default Drum Amps?

what is the best way to amplify drums? the only "drum amps" i have seen are made by roland and they are for v-drums. any suggestions?

User Info Menu

Im assuming you have an electronic kit?
    If so, you can use any keyboard amp too.
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

i should have made that clear... i am miking my acoustic drums. would a keyboard amp be able to handle the bass drum?

User Info Menu

By the way cc777, I checked out your site and took a listen to your songs. You guys are doing great for your age. I really like the style of music. Keep up the good work!
    As far as miking your kit, I have always went thru a mixing board. This could be a powered board or seperate amps and board. What kind of mics are you using and how many? For smaller venues like at school and such, you can get by with mics on the snare and bass only. You really do need a low end sub woofer to get by miking the bass effectively. I know for a few hundred you can get a powered mixer with eq built in and add a 15" sub cabinet with mid range horn. Here are some pics of my practice room set up. I have my drums all mic because we were trying some recording stuff. The board is a basic crate 16 channel. I have an alesis effects processor, peavy effecs processor, DOD 30 channel stereo eq, and QSC 900 watt amp. The speakers are peavey 18" bottoms and bullfrog uppers with 15" gauss woofer and eminence mid range horns. This is just the right stack in the pic. This whole set up ran me used $1,600

Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

HOw much do drum miks and amps cost?

User Info Menu

Im using the sampson brand mic kit (5 mics) 3 toms, bass, and snare) These are cheaper but still do the job nice. About 200.00 on sale
    Many amps to choose from. The QSC I have new is 600.00 You can get a decent 300 watt amp for 200.00 Set of off brand speakers for 300.00 Check this out. This would be a good example of a practice set up for the band and you to start with.http://www.guitarsavvy.com/pa-system...-150-watts.htm
    Rock Till Ya Drop

User Info Menu

i'm using 5 mics usually:
    CAD bass mic, sm57 for snare, audio technica for hi hat and then 2 overheads which are CAD tom mics but i didn't care for them on the toms so i used them as overheads.
    i have a third CAD tom/snare mic but i don't usually use it.
    as for a mixer i've got a small yamaha mg 10/2.
    i've been running this setup through our pa but we've been having some trouble with the speakers lately b/c of overload w/ guitars and vocals, but now that our guitarists are buying good amps we will only be running vocals through the pa so i need to get an amp.
    i also want to get some basic effects... reverb for snare and maybe compression for the bass drum?

thanks

User Info Menu

Yea i was jst on your site and that song find a way is pretty gd. I love the kl guitar riff in it. I hink u guys are upcoming.