Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Sos

User Info Menu

Well then I'll agree with hellsbells.....you have as much a right to make noise (at long as they aren't at unsociable times) as he does. So if he gets narcy about it, next time he uses a lawn mower/tree strimmer/ drill complain and see what he says.....say that you are trying to study and you can't with his drill noise...
    Last edited by mexicancounciloffood; 05-02-2007 at 04:23 AM.

User Info Menu

alright, hes not budging a bit, i just talked to him. So i think im moving down to the car port. (my dad lived down there) so its not really a car port anymore. and im gonna put a heater down there and stuff. thats my only solution if i wanna play without putting drum mutes on my drums 24/7. so im mainly worried about my drums getting wrecked from the change in temperature because there still will be some even with a heater. so any suggestions on keeping my drums in tact like putting heavy blankets over it? anything!

User Info Menu

Sorry dude, but you can't help the heads warping slightly as the temperature changes, unless you turn the car port into a climate controlled enviornment. If he is being unreasonable, then stuff him. You have as much right to make noise as anyone else, he can't legally stop you, as long as you are doing it at a reasonable hour. You live in America yeah? Take him to court under a civil suit of breaching your constitutional and civil rights to expression of freedom through music and art. Get a judge to order an appropriate time for you to be able to play and tell him to f himself basically.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Sorry dude, but you can't help the heads warping slightly as the temperature changes, unless you turn the car port into a climate controlled enviornment. If he is being unreasonable, then stuff him. You have as much right to make noise as anyone else, he can't legally stop you, as long as you are doing it at a reasonable hour. You live in America yeah? Take him to court under a civil suit of breaching your constitutional and civil rights to expression of freedom through music and art. Get a judge to order an appropriate time for you to be able to play and tell him to f himself basically.
    Exactly Lafrin, you have the right to play your drums..... This guy needs to get a life, he may be messing with one of our future drum gods!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Sorry dude, but you can't help the heads warping slightly as the temperature changes, unless you turn the car port into a climate controlled enviornment.
    There are things you can do to moderate the effect though.

Just putting a blanket over your drums when you're not using them makes a big difference (trust me, I grew up learning drums in a wood shed).

PS - mexicancounciloffood, horns up for the SunnO))) image. Those guys are insane, they're playing in Sydney soon with Boris; I'm gonna go check it out.

User Info Menu

Um......I could come over and pummel him senseless, if you like. Just a thought.

Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Exactly Lafrin, you have the right to play your drums..... This guy needs to get a life, he may be messing with one of our future drum gods!

haha! lets sure hope so