Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Band with no name

User Info Menu

Lightbulb My new Band with no name

Hello all,

Well I am in a new band, we yet to have a name, but it is going pretty good so far, I recorded a few of our songs at our last practice, mainly of me, just so I can see were I suck, we are still really rough, because this is only our second real practice, but the music is starting to flow already, the video below was purely and improv jam, So what you see and hear is what came of it, so check it out and let me know what you think.

If you have a cool band name idea let me here it, thanks.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2023111649

Here is another good one, Kevin sings in this one, pretty cool.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2023156504
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 04-17-2007 at 09:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Nice video man, this band seems to have that same sort of progressive rock/metal and partly experimental sound as your last band Audiometry. Sounds very Tool influenced in my books.

Speaking of influences, you should check out Ulver, they sound a lot like the sort of thing that I think you may be going for.

Keep up the good work man,
    HB58

BTW, very solid timekeeping in your tracks. Good to see.
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Thanks HB58

Yea we are really going for the Tool, porcupine tree type of sound, just very experimental and ambient, but still have that drive and energy.

I will check out ulver, are they an aussie band? Ever heard of the butterfly effect? that is one of my favorite bands right know, I have all there CDs, later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Hello all,

Well I am in a new band, we yet to have a name, but it is going pretty good so far, I recorded a few of our songs at our last practice, mainly of me, just so I can see were I suck, we are still really rough, because this is only our second real practice, but the music is starting to flow already, the video below was purely and improv jam, So what you see and hear is what came of it, so check it out and let me know what you think.

If you have a cool band name idea let me here it, thanks.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2023111649
    How about "Methodical Intent".........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    How about "Methodical Intent".........

Methodical intent hum, not bad, I will run it past the guys, but I am looking for more of a one name band, but not bad drum chick, thanks

User Info Menu

Hey HB58 do you have a link to Ulver, I can't find them, HELP.

User Info Menu

How about "CrazyManwithaPlungerRulessAll"?

It's one name and has a nice ring to it I think.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Yea we are really going for the Tool, porcupine tree type of sound, just very experimental and ambient, but still have that drive and energy
    Going for something like Tool huh? How about "Wrench" or "Screwdriver" or maybe "Buzzsaw"?

User Info Menu

Seriously though man you guys sounded alright. I liked the potential. Can you play Tool? just curious.

User Info Menu

How about "avant-garde"? It is actually a description of your sound aswell.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger
    Seriously though man you guys sounded alright. I liked the potential. Can you play Tool? just curious.
    Yes we are actually doing Sober from Tool, I have it on video, but I think I am going to wait to post it until we get a better copy of it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the names.

User Info Menu

As crazy as it sounds, Flock Of Dead Turtles is still available.

User Info Menu

Flock of dead turtles, DUDE that is so AWESOME, I love it............NOT

User Info Menu

How about:

"Headway"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Flock of dead turtles, DUDE that is so AWESOME, I love it............NOT
    Yeah, that's exactly what my kids said when I suggested it to them. I'm ticked off now. When I get home they're grounded!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    How about:

"Headway"
    Not bad, I kinda like that, I will have to seriously think about that one. thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Yeah, that's exactly what my kids said when I suggested it to them. I'm ticked off now. When I get home they're grounded!
    Thats is so funny, at least you can't ground me, sucks to be your kids, lol

User Info Menu

We need a name that is ambient, progressive, something different and original. come on drum chat lets keep them comin.

User Info Menu

How 'bout "Blame It On The Dog"?

User Info Menu

Now your grounded, lol

User Info Menu

Ratatosk! I like the sound of it!

User Info Menu

the guitar in the 1st song sounds a tad like a dying animal...but the second song is good.

User Info Menu

How 'bout "Where's The Remote" or "Seen My Keys", "Who Didn't Flush", "What No Gravy", or "The Road Apples".

User Info Menu

I'm with RD - why does the name have to be so........serious? "Where's the Remote" is a good one. I still like "Buzzsaw" too. And RD - "Flock of Dead Turtles" - Great name for a band. I'm with ya all the way on that one buddy