Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The drums you use

User Info Menu

Default The drums you use

Aight dudes and dudettes, lets hear about your lines an drums.

Silver Pearl drums: one snare (though we may purchase more), three basses, and one tenor.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

4snare's,4base's,2tenor's,2cybal's,and frontine(bells extra instruments)But we just now got in a drumline expert teacher so we are having loads of fun!Im a tenor!
    XxXxxXxX

*^*CrAzY gIrL dRuMmEr*^*

User Info Menu

Drums: just a practice pad
    Lines: "haven't I seen you here before"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos View Post
    Aight dudes and dudettes, lets hear about your lines an drums.

Silver Pearl drums: one snare (though we may purchase more), three basses, and one tenor.
    You only have 5 players?

We march, well were in bandcamp now, so this is deliberating, but we usually march

4-5 basses, 5 snares or so, and 2 tenors, occasionaly if there are 3 rocking people we get 3 quads

This year so far since people quitting and the new director kicking, weve only got 4 snares, 1 quad, and 3 basses

Oh, yea, all yamaha feild corps maple

User Info Menu

Yea dude there is only 5 of us... but then I come from a place where band nerds are...less than popular. Our whole band is probably only 50 people strong.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

well we use the yamaha SFZ series marching snares pretty new equipment we have 9 snares 6 basses 5 quints and 9 cymbals for marching though we have 22 cymbals but half never show
    Last edited by Drum_boy09; 12-01-2007 at 09:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drum_boy09 View Post
    well we use the yamaha SFZ series marching snares pretty new equipment we have 9 snares 6 basses 5 quints and 9 cymbals for marching though we have 22 cymbals but have never show
    Haha, thats the line of snare we use, those snares are pretty nasty, once you learn how to tune them at least, but as soon as you do, man their sexy

User Info Menu

drums: kits
    lines: hey babby you must be tired cuz you been walking though my mind all day
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Uhm, i have no idea what you just said there, but i think its a joke on the drumline drummers, hey man, dont mess around, theres more of us, to get teh equivilent of a drumkit it takes 4 of us, 1 snare, 1 bass, 1 tenor, and 1 cymbal, compared to 1 person on each of those

Well jump you with our sticks =P

User Info Menu

eeep. somebody save me from the drumline, there only one of me and so many of them ahhhhhhh. wait i know after i learn what a paradiddle is i will chalenge you to a kit v. line off.
    acctualy that would be reely cool to see. think about a full line vs. a full kit, that would be wicked, and i think i would pass out from just how cool it is

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

haha, it wouldnt work, the snare and tenors are usually constantly playing, and unless you get a drummer with 3 minds, and 4 really high tuned toms, plus a snare, the line would take that in a landslide 8)

User Info Menu

but it would look cool as could be.

User Info Menu

ya i love the sfz's they are the shyt

User Info Menu

1 snare,1 tenor,3 basses,2 cymbals
    all drums are black coated pearls
    snare is 14 in ffx
    tenors are the outdoor quints
    and articulite bassess
    snare and basses have remo heads,the tenors have evans heads on them.
    Last edited by SkyhawkDrummer; 06-21-2008 at 01:48 AM.

User Info Menu

Used to be 3 Snares, 3 Bass Drums, an unknown amount of Tenors (I never played them), 4 Timpani, an unknown amount of front line percussion (I never counted).

User Info Menu

Cool The drums you use...

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: The drums you use

Im involved in pipebands in Europe NIreland so I guess its all a bit different but anway, we have 10 Premier HTS snares, 4 tenors, 1 base. That would be the norm for most competition pipe bands now.

www.ravara.org pictures of our drums are on this site.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post

LOL good one. Like the new dew
    Pditty

User Info Menu

Cool Re: The drums you use

Quote Originally Posted by PINKSTER View Post
    Im involved in pipebands in Europe NIreland so I guess its all a bit different but anway, we have 10 Premier HTS snares, 4 tenors, 1 base. That would be the norm for most competition pipe bands now.

www.ravara.org pictures of our drums are on this site.
    Hey, Neil, you just answered my earlier question...and I'll check out your site, mate...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=drummerdavie;44433]eeep. somebody save me from the drumline, there only one of me and so many of them ahhhhhhh. wait i know after i learn what a paradiddle is i will chalenge you to a kit v. line off.
    acctualy that would be reely cool to see. think about a full line vs. a full kit, that would be wicked, and i think i would pass out from just how cool it is[/QUOTE

That's easy enough...a Paradiddle is a pair of diddlers

User Info Menu

Our line is 5 basses 3 snares 2 quads 4 cymbals and 13 front line. We are getting all new equipment for the front line and we are gonna get new marching drums in 2 years. Right now we march pearl with evans heads. The drums sound like crap cause we have had them for.... This next year will be their 8th year..... but our director is on top of it and the new drums are gonna be the Sh**. Ive seen them in catalogs and online.

User Info Menu

Heh, You can still march a 8 year old pearl and make it sound crisp, itll look like crap, just make sure you have someone who seriously knows how to tune marching drums, no matter how expencive the drum is, if you cant tune it, itll sound crappy

User Info Menu

true that but our drums still sound good cause of the fact that our director can tune like a maniac

User Info Menu

Not sure which exact models but I have one Pearl and one Premier. The Pearl had a wood graphic wrap on it and i stripped that off. I am in the process of putting a green wrap of some sort and powder coating the hardware. And for the Premier it is simply white with black powder coating. An old director of mine gave it to me one day . Anyone know which model the Pearl is? I'll do my best to describe it.

There is NOT the big white "Pearl" sticker on the side. It just has the serial bar up front. I'm trying to sell it. I'll post a picture eventually.

User Info Menu

OK all you drumliners, a quick question for you.

Here's an old 1930 Slingerland marching drum I picked up to use for a rack tom primarily because it matches the white pearl on my 32" kick.
    Can anyone tell me what the chrome bottom is for and it's purpose? The drum is 18" diameter.

It still had the marching straps on it and I left the brackets in place.

Last edited by Destroyer; 05-22-2008 at 11:51 AM.